Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(05-25-2019, 08:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Four is my Doctor (the one I grew up watching at an impressionable age LOL ).....

... the Doctor/Companion romance/s are tedious beyond belief...

... Cyber men are scarier than Daleks....

Four was my introduction to The Doctor as well, and none of the others have quite measured up, although Thirteen has a number of four-like mannerisms.

The hints at romance are what have kept me from bothering with most of the New Era Doctors.

When Adric perished fending off a Cybermen attack, I almost cried... and I didn't even like Adric that much. Yup, Cybermen, they are relentless and merciless and full-on scary!

I suppose we should move this discussion to a Doctor Who topic rather than co-opting werepuppy's Doll A Day topic.  Sweatdrop
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I cheered when Adric bit it. I had a bit of a crush on Nyssa and spider boy Adric was putting moves on her at the time, so I was not heartbroken when he was no more.
(05-25-2019, 12:54 PM)Elfy Wrote: I cheered when Adric bit it. I had a bit of a crush on Nyssa and spider boy Adric was putting moves on her at the time, so I was not heartbroken when he was no more.

Hee hee! Yeah, I did not care for the whiny, petulant brat either. And Nyssa... she was somethin', all right! So it surprised me that I was emotionally moved when the Cybermen got him. That was a well-written and well-directed episode if it could make me feel sorrow over the loss of the character I'd been hoping would leave, one way or another.
(05-25-2019, 12:17 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I also got 3 of the 4, I didn’t know the one on the far left - Kamala.  Where is she from (I feel that I’ve failed some type of Geek Recognition Test smile LOL )

Thirteenth Doctor is great, really enjoyed her season.  My favourite is Eight - only 1 (okay 2 if you count the mini-sode where he regenerated) tv episode, but so many audio and book adventures!

Kamala is the current Ms Marvel in the comics. The doll is from the Marvel Rising line by Hasbro - a friend had to post her out to me because the line has not been released outside of the States yet. 

Eight is the longest running Doctor, I think. The minisode was so perfect for the 50th, I would love if they did stuff like that more often. Just little episodes of a past Doctor. 

(05-25-2019, 12:22 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm pretty sure I've already said that, but I'm digging that coat!

It is a very cool coat that - yay - has pockets! 

(05-25-2019, 08:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: (Further “contrarian” views - mostly stuff from the New Series - Rose is an awful person, Donna is a great companion, the Doctor/Companion romance/s are tedious beyond belief (except River/Twelvth, which dos work for me), the season-long arcs are dull, especially Clara, but that is mostly because it retconned 50 years of history, which pissed me off sad .  Cyber men are scarier than Daleks as they are more likely to happen to us.  I think they’re the main ones, but if I think for a few more minutes I can probably think of more LOL )

Agree on the Rose front and even Billie Piper calls her a cow, so I do think we're actually having the right thought there. I did argue once that if they were going to push romances on us, Ten/Donna would have worked a lot better than any of the others since Tennant and Tate have brilliant on-screen chemistry. Mind you, I would just generally love it if Donna came back to us. Agreed fully on River/Twelve working very well, though. Not especially fussed either way about the series long arcs, but some do drag a bit. 

(05-25-2019, 10:13 AM)davidd Wrote: I suppose we should move this discussion to a Doctor Who topic rather than co-opting werepuppy's Doll A Day topic.  Sweatdrop

(Re: hints of romance ... Four/Romana, anyone?)

I would be so on board for a Doctor Who topic. 

- - - 

145. On the Shelf
[Image: 55023111_0c2a256b1f60aaf35dc9b1a4a93d6da1_standard.jpg]
How these two are posed on my shelf atm. Thought it might bring some laughs to people.
Very cute! yay
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-26-2019, 01:12 AM)werepuppy Wrote: (Re: hints of romance ... Four/Romana, anyone?)
Yeah, but that was different; that was in real life!
Wednesday looks like she's worried that somebody might see her like this. Ophelia, maybe? Yeah, Weds would lose some serious cred if that happened!
She can't allow him to start taking her for granted, after all... Try harder, Loki (oh, but do be careful. Very careful)!
Loki and Wednesday a match made in...oh never mind.
Loki does look like he's taking liberties there with Wednesday - I hope he's careful!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-26-2019, 10:48 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Very cute! yay

Aw, thank you. Though I don't know how either of them would feel about being called 'cute'.

(05-26-2019, 10:55 AM)davidd Wrote: Wednesday looks like she's worried that somebody might see her like this. Ophelia, maybe? Yeah, Weds would lose some serious cred if that happened!

Oh yeah, Ophelia would be starting to plan a wedding if she caught Wednesday like this, and while Wednesday may love her family... Yeah, no way. 

(05-26-2019, 06:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She can't allow him to start taking her for granted, after all... Try harder, Loki (oh, but do be careful. Very careful)!

Oh, of course! Wednesday knows her value and will not accept anything less. 

(05-26-2019, 07:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: Loki and Wednesday a match made in...oh never mind.

Valhalla, maybe?

(05-26-2019, 07:12 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Loki does look like he's taking liberties there with Wednesday - I hope he's careful!

Nothing is being taken that has not been offered. In other words, don't worry, if Wednesday wasn't okay with it, Loki would be losing a hand. She's got ways.

- - - 

146. Unex.plainable Connection
[Image: 55023051_21125cef40e5f6ccfe42ae7b1de265ed_standard.jpg]
Honestly, I don't think they ex.pected to become as close as they are... and yet.
The soft focus suggests that this may be a dream or fantasy. On the part of whom, I wonder?
The Room's cutest (and possibly deadliest) plot twist!
I've been waiting for this heehee. Glad to see them getting along so well <3
Perhaps the best connections are unex.plainable smile
Another cute pose, yes I said cute again xp with a vintage look.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-27-2019, 02:46 AM)davidd Wrote: The soft focus suggests that this may be a dream or fantasy. On the part of whom, I wonder?

Ah, now that is the question to be asking. Though I don't think we'll necessarily get a proper answer...

(05-27-2019, 05:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The Room's cutest (and possibly deadliest) plot twist!

Yeah, they're not so good with any variation of the word 'cute'. Deadliest, on the other hand, they take as a huge compliment. 

(05-27-2019, 07:02 AM)Goblin Wrote: I've been waiting for this heehee. Glad to see them getting along so well <3

They'll never admit they do Tongue

(05-27-2019, 09:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Perhaps the best connections are unex.plainable smile
Another cute pose, yes I said cute again xp with a vintage look.

You have a very good point there, even if they may not be willing to acknowledge it. (Also they're not pleased by the use of 'cute' in regards to them. I'd watch out...)

- - - 

147. Sewing: Sid's I Heart CRAP Top
[Image: 55278967_64bb0a2b600c289adffb4c1690a66af1_standard.jpg]
Inspired by... I think it was a Vivenne Westwood top. It's meant to be an ironic joke regarding the canon Sid is a fan character from.