Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(06-30-2019, 01:25 AM)davidd Wrote: Ooh, Con Day! Sounds fun!

It was! Though I was pretty overwhelmed - lots of noise and people. 

(06-30-2019, 03:30 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Meowth... So, it's not an axolotl, is it? Yay for local cons, though. And surprise purchases!

No, another Pokémon I'm afraid. Con was fun ^^

(06-30-2019, 01:25 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I'm a little concerned about what Mauds is hiding in her hand that is behind her back.

I'm not up on Pokeman, but that looks like an interesting creature.

Mauds is perfectly innocent, so she says.

Meowth is a fun little one.

(06-30-2019, 01:28 PM)fishy Wrote: That Meowth is so cute!

Mauds looks like she got caught stealing her sibling's Halloween candy by their Mom and is awkwardly lying about it...  Classic pose lol.

... There were munching noises from her. Hmm.

(06-30-2019, 05:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Lovely colelction of photos in the last few days, I like Maudlynn the most - she looks like she's wanting this whole taking-photos ordeal to be over.

Mauds never does like having her photo taken. 

- - - 

181. Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman
[Image: 56665701_391809b2e65fb35133056ef8c0887d4d_standard.jpg]
This was my absolutely fantastic purchase at the comic convention yesterday. See, this one is a one day only event, focused entirely on comics and art. As such, some of the stall holders will do really amazing deals for limited periods of time during the day. I'd been putting money aside for a while knowing I had this convention coming up and while I wouldn't say she was 'cheap', she was very inex.pensive in comparison to her usual price. 
And, well, Wonder Woman, guys. She's brilliant.
Oooh, congrats! So much detail! How big is she?
Sounds like a great opportunity to score a good deal. Is she a statue or an articulated seamless figure?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I, for one, shall be eagerly awaiting further photos of this highly detailed WW figure! Congratulations on the fine find!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
WW looks amazing! Congrats on the score.
I hope the con was fun. We’ve only ever really done Worldcon, admittedly we’ve done it 3 times.
(07-01-2019, 12:50 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, congrats! So much detail! How big is she?

Thank you! She's 1/6 scale, just a little taller than average Barbie height. I think her height clocks in at the same as the taller Barbies, but I don't actually have one to double check on that. I'll take a height comparison pic for tomorrow to show her a bit better.

(07-01-2019, 12:24 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Sounds like a great opportunity to score a good deal.  Is she a statue or an articulated seamless figure?

Oh yeah, conventions are always the best way to score a good deal, especially nearer the end of the day as a lot of dealers will not want to have to drag things home with them. She's an articulated seamless figure, so I'm going to have to look up all the tips and tricks for keeping her in good condition. I've read cornstarch/baby powder is good for keeping the skin from becoming non-sticky. 

(07-01-2019, 02:01 PM)davidd Wrote: I, for one, shall be eagerly awaiting further photos of this highly detailed WW figure! Congratulations on the fine find!

There will be a bit of a spam as I am quite besotted with her. 

(07-01-2019, 02:25 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: WW looks amazing!  Congrats on the score.

Thank you! 

(07-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Elfy Wrote: I hope the con was fun. We’ve only ever really done Worldcon, admittedly we’ve done it 3 times.

The con was alright. Personally, I think I've been it a lot better but I also have to admit I was not in the best of mental spaces on the day - my neighbours had thrown a party the night before and there was loud music into the small hours and it made it hard to sleep. 

- - - 

182. Wonder Woman Portrait
[Image: 56698848_5806fc2110b8c8865c90cc5d51ccf1b3_standard.jpg]
Just trying to show how detailed and true to life the sculpt and painting is. Apologies for the randomly stray hair, there's always one.
The face detail is amazing. Many of the newer higher-end figures have uncannily realistic faces and eyes.

I did not realize this figure is an articulated seamless. Is it a TBLeague/Phicen?
Wow. Gorgeous. Hot Toys does create amazing detail in their figures. I hope she's less breakable than my Hot Toys guy... Congrats on the new addition smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The armor-bodice looks amazing!
Greatly detailed WW. I grew up with the Lynda Carter version, but now I default to Gal Gadot.
She’s stunning. Congrats on the great deal.

Looking forward - like everyone else - to many more beautiful shots of her
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-02-2019, 01:50 AM)davidd Wrote: The face detail is amazing. Many of the newer higher-end figures have uncannily realistic faces and eyes.

I did not realize this figure is an articulated seamless. Is it a TBLeague/Phicen?

Hot Toys have made an art of painting ultra-realistically.

I believe Hot Toys use TBLeague bodies for their seamless figures but I'm not actually sure? I'm sure there's a source somewhere. I will say I'm glad that her outfit is designed to be non-removable - it means I don't need to worry about the accidental potential of the almost fetish like nature of some of these seamless figures. 

(07-02-2019, 02:50 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow.  Gorgeous.  Hot Toys does create amazing detail in their figures.  I hope she's less breakable than my Hot Toys guy...  Congrats on the new addition smile

I do love your Hot Toys Jake Sully, he looks so alien and yet so right for your collection! Diana just makes me smile every time I look at her. 

(07-02-2019, 03:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The armor-bodice looks amazing!

They do a great job in replicating the wrapped leather look of the armour from the film. Seriously, it's one of those figures that you can see why they cost so much - there's so much great detail, and amazing work put into these. 

(07-02-2019, 04:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: Greatly detailed WW. I grew up with the Lynda Carter version, but now I default to Gal Gadot.

Ah, I love the Lynda Carter series! I was really glad to hear that she enjoyed the film - weirdly hearing that felt important? I can't explain why beyond the fact she's was the only live action Wonder Woman for so long. 

(07-02-2019, 07:55 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s stunning.  Congrats on the great deal.

Looking forward - like everyone else - to many more beautiful shots of her

Thank you. I hope my shots do her justice! 

- - - 

183. A Height Comparison
[Image: 56730729_cd1cac128ae693129b4b047b34feb855_standard.jpg]
Just a shot to show how she stands in comparison with other dolls in her scale. What stood out to me when I was taking this shot is how Diana stands out in terms of not being so... fashion doll stick thin. The closest to her is the muscular sculpt of the WWE body, and that looks a lot more stylised. Anyway. So left to right is: Pullip, Obitsu, Disney Store, Hot Toys, WWE Superstar, Original Effect Reborn Body.
Poor Captain Marvel, she's the shortest one... Doesn't she feel intimidated by the new Wondsie? Or the fact that there are now two (two, right?) of them?

I really like the WWE doll. Well, of course I do. She's a steampunk-themed redhead...
(07-03-2019, 02:40 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I really like the WWE doll. Well, of course I do. She's a steampunk-themed redhead...

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! Standing among the others, the WWE girl looks pretty cool! Kind of like a Steampunk Merida.