Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I have a soft spot for heterochromatic eyes. And the head-body color match is perfect (again)!
A perfect Catwalk Kitties Purrl! These bodies you're finding to match them with are working out exceptionally well!

I love that outfit! Is that one that you made?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She looks very fancy, and her eyes are great! Was she like that originally, or did you have her repainted? (Not very familiar with Catwalk Kitties)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-26-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I have a soft spot for heterochromatic eyes. And the head-body color match is perfect (again)!

I genuinely didn't realise she had heterochromatic eyes until I was taking the picture. Shows how much picture taking helps a person appreciate their dolls more, it can pick up details. And yes! It's just fortunate that there was an all white MH body...

(10-26-2019, 03:17 AM)davidd Wrote: A perfect Catwalk Kitties Purrl! These bodies you're finding to match them with are working out exceptionally well!

I love that outfit! Is that one that you made?

Got to love the range of colours MH came out with...

No, it's actually a Funville Sparkle Girlz outfit. There haven't been many new ones in my local store, really hoping that they're still being made. They're cheap and cheerful, and fit the MH bodies decently. 

(10-26-2019, 07:34 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: She looks very fancy, and her eyes are great!  Was she like that originally, or did you have her repainted?  (Not very familiar with Catwalk Kitties)

Thank you! Yes, that's her default face up! It's really eye-catching. 

- - - 

299: Season of the Witch
[Image: 61450296_e03f75487e7eab7159398a595a6044a5_standard.jpg]
My three green Wicked Witches! Two Mattel, one Disney Film Collection. It's interesting to see the different shades of green used, and the different takes on the same basic character.
Enchanting! I like the green and the eyebrows on the middle one, but I like the hat and the dress better on the right one (that's the Disney one?). She also has the best broomstick.
Ooh! A ghostly trio! Now you need one more, to have a witch for every point of the compass!

I like the hat on the one at screen right, the broomstick from the middle, and the dress on the left. (And put that combined outfit on your Merida! Now that would be wicked!)

None of them really resemble the Margaret Hamilton witch from the 1939 movie, do they? They've all been kind of "glammed up" and given a more youthful appearance.

That said, this is a seriously cool collection! Do you have them displayed together like this on your doll shelf?
They all look quite glamorous in their own way.
Grizabelle is kinda glam too, isn't she! And it's true, how you sometimes need to look at photos to realize the details a doll has. I can't figure out how I missed Scarlett's eyes being a bit differently coloured for ages till I looked at a closeup of her.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-27-2019, 12:29 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Enchanting! I like the green and the eyebrows on the middle one, but I like the hat and the dress better on the right one (that's the Disney one?). She also has the best broomstick.

The Disney one has the biggest hat, lol. She does have the best looking broom, you're right.

(10-27-2019, 02:39 AM)davidd Wrote: Ooh! A ghostly trio! Now you need one more, to have a witch for every point of the compass!

I like the hat on the one at screen right, the broomstick from the middle, and the dress on the left. (And put that combined outfit on your Merida! Now that would be wicked!)

None of them really resemble the Margaret Hamilton witch from the 1939 movie, do they? They've all been kind of "glammed up" and given a more youthful appearance.

That said, this is a seriously cool collection! Do you have them displayed together like this on your doll shelf?

Sadly that dress is on the Pivotal body which is thinner than the made to move body my Merida is on. Otherwise I would go and do that! 

I think if I wanted one that proper resembled Margaret Hamilton, I would need to find one of the Multi-Toys dolls. Which is in my plans to hunt down at some point, but I am on a spending ban from now until the end of the year - well, gifts and necessities excluded. 

I do have them posed together on a shelf, yeah! 

(10-27-2019, 09:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: They all look quite glamorous in their own way.
Grizabelle is kinda glam too, isn't she!  And it's true, how you sometimes need to look at photos to realize the details a doll has.  I can't figure out how I missed Scarlett's eyes being a bit differently coloured for ages till I looked at a closeup of her.

It's just always really fun to me to see how the same charater and basic design can have such variances. 

Oh, that would be confusing. I swear photos pick up on things the human eye just can't on it's own. Scarlett's eyes are lovely, btw. 

- - - 

300: The Good Witch
[Image: 61482802_c97098832facc4905d18959fa7787a91_standard.jpg]
(First of all, sorry I don't have a special picture for today. Kind of majorly lacking in any energy. Currently in the middle of trying to get new working depression meds so... yeah. Sorry.)
Arrival date: 19th October 2019

Because of course I needed a good witch to balance out all my Wicked Witches. This Glinda has the most comforting face - you believe her goodness. 

I will state some disappointment though, as her outfit feels really paper-y? It's a shame because Elphaba's feels so nice in comparison. Really glad I got her discounted.
That's a shame her dress doesn't feel nice, because it definitely looks great!

Congrats on getting this far in the challenge and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for meds success!
Pretty. The dress and hair are a lovely colour combination. I can see how it might feel a little papery, but it looks nice.
Best of luck with the new meds.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I think it's a very nice picture of a very nice figure - a cheerful addition to your witchy crew!

Her wand looks pretty cool! Does it have sparkly bits (please pardon the overly technical lingo) embedded in it to catch the light?
(10-28-2019, 03:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a shame her dress doesn't feel nice, because it definitely looks great!

Congrats on getting this far in the challenge and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for meds success!

Oh, it looks stunning. Even my Mum was very disappointed with the dress. She really loved the look of her when I had shown her online, so when she felt it she was just "...well that is not worth the RRP." (Which we did not pay, thankfully)

Congrats to you as well, and thank you! It's gonna take a bit so days are... hit and miss at the moment. I'm napping a lot. 

(10-28-2019, 04:01 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Pretty. The dress and hair are a lovely colour combination.  I can see how it might feel  a little papery, but it looks nice.
Best of luck with the new meds.

I mean, now I have her, I'm wondering if the fabric choice was because of the glittered scallops, but I'm sure there's other fabrics that would hold that well in 1/6 scale. 

Thank you. 

(10-28-2019, 04:06 AM)davidd Wrote: I think it's a very nice picture of a very nice figure - a cheerful addition to your witchy crew!

Her wand looks pretty cool! Does it have sparkly bits (please pardon the overly technical lingo) embedded in it to catch the light?

She's certainly the brightest member! 

It does yes! They're blue. I had it positioned the wrong way round, now I look at the picture. But yes, there are little blue bits that shine a bit more to catch the light. 

- - - 

301: The Good and The Wicked
[Image: 61512566_ecca7575693649ec9fb8267f621b31c4_standard.jpg]
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good
"Well, that's an odd coincidence; because you've inspired me to try a walk on the wicked side!"
Tongue
To be honest, people who smile at me with such a verve for longer than a few seconds scare me a little bit. ...A lotta bit.
(10-29-2019, 04:04 AM)davidd Wrote: "Well, that's an odd coincidence; because you've inspired me to try a walk on the wicked side!"
Tongue

Ha! Not inaccurate! 

(10-29-2019, 04:52 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: To be honest, people who smile at me with such a verve for longer than a few seconds scare me a little bit. ...A lotta bit.

Weirdly this is kind of why I like dolls that have more neutral ex.pressions? Glinda is really the rare exception atm...

- - - 

302: Akiko Redressed
[Image: 61547253_26e218bfaa69a1ca399f892db1fb3e2c_standard.jpg]
I did say I had redressed her largely to see what she would look like.  Honestly she translates to a more contemporary style really well. There's a couple of new Mattel fashion packs I'd like to be able to pick up for her to ex.periment a little more with looks but it will need to wait until I have some free money.