Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Cool --- getting a gift item for helping at the shop. Do you do it often?
Nice group of girls in the shelf corner.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Liking all the new arrivals. Basil Vincent is pretty cute, and well-deserving of the name.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Hey, all. Thanks for all the comments. Sorry can't reply individually - bit of a day today. But here, picture!

309: Battle Couple
[Image: 61806272_e8981e0000bd1f9deb5c1be0f990f253_standard.jpg]
I got the newer Arya Stark Funko Pop.
Nice sharp photo of these two small figures. But I'm feeling all neon_jellyfish-ish here in that I don't know who they are. If I were to guess, I'd hazard Game of Thrones, perhaps?

Is School for Good and Evil a serious series or a comedic series of books? Or one of those that starts out kind of funny but turns serious?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Stark! I actually know that name is from GoT! ...Aaaaand that's about it. LOL
Yep, 2 characters from Game of Thrones.

Arya is the younger Stark daughter, and an assassin. Gendry is the illegitimate son of the King at the start of the series.

Nice picture of them both - I could pick it was a new Arya by the spear she’s holding.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(11-06-2019, 04:11 AM)davidd Wrote: Nice sharp photo of these two small figures. But I'm feeling all neon_jellyfish-ish here in that I don't know who they are. If I were to guess, I'd hazard Game of Thrones, perhaps?

Is School for Good and Evil a serious series or a comedic series of books? Or one of those that starts out kind of funny but turns serious?

Thank you! I got lucky this time around, I think. They are both Game of Thrones characters, yeah. 

The School for Good and Evil is a series that tends to deconstruct aspects of fairy tales, and then reconstruct them. I'd say tone stays nearer serious? Not that there can't be funny moments, but the characters are not necessarily wanting to be where they are at the times they are. It's an interesting series, really, and the covers for each book are just lovely. 

(11-06-2019, 04:19 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Stark! I actually know that name is from GoT! ...Aaaaand that's about it. LOL

Hehe. Arya Stark: daughter of one of the high houses of Westeroes. A trained assassin. Badass. 

(11-06-2019, 06:26 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Yep, 2 characters from Game of Thrones.

Arya is the younger Stark daughter, and an assassin.  Gendry is the illegitimate son of the King at the start of the series.

Nice picture of them both - I could pick it was a new Arya by the spear she’s holding.

The spear was a badass weapon - shame a lot of the scenes it was in were too darkly lit to see anything with. (Actually this has been happening in a lot of shows/movies and I am really fed up with it. Guys, LIGHT YOUR SCENES BETTER.)

- - - 

310: Warmth
[Image: 61836972_6a0cc33f7b08125367fb48f62ca4dfa5_standard.jpg]
Pup here got some pyjamas. They have dinosaurs on them
Those are some darn cool jammies! I love the dark blue combined with neon green.
Dinosaur pyjamas! Hey, do I see a Stego-snore-us?
(11-07-2019, 03:48 AM)davidd Wrote: Dinosaur pyjamas! Hey, do I see a Stego-snore-us?

Terrible pun  LOL I’m jealous I didn’t think of it.

He’s very cute in the pjs.

The Battle for Winterfell was particularly hard to watch with its darkness hiding most of the action.  Very ha d to keep a running tally of the “death & mortal injury” lists during it (I had Sam dead a couple of times at least!)
Those are very cute jammies.
(11-07-2019, 01:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Those are some darn cool jammies! I love the dark blue combined with neon green.

I wouldn't mind a pair like this myself, tbh...

(11-07-2019, 03:48 AM)davidd Wrote: Dinosaur pyjamas! Hey, do I see a Stego-snore-us?

Well, you win on the pun front! 

(11-07-2019, 06:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: He’s very cute in the pjs.

The Battle for Winterfell was particularly hard to watch with its darkness hiding most of the action.  Very ha d to keep a running tally of the “death & mortal injury” lists during it (I had Sam dead a couple of times at least!)

Thank you! 

Had to do the same myself - and was surprised that Sam was alive because I was sure I had seen him swarmed by the Others. And yet... 

(11-07-2019, 04:09 PM)Elfy Wrote: Those are very cute jammies.

I think there's a few of us needing full size of these.

- - - 

311: New Height Comparison
[Image: 61878909_aea02f8de0c1da25c8858d15c10a6323_standard.jpg]
I was asked how tall Basil was, I think by Allie, so I thought a little height comparison of my anthro-based dolls would probably work out there. 

Smallest to tallest is:
Artie (Groove Pang-Ju Rambu-Pang)
Ademetus (Hujoo Nano Freyr)
Basil Vincent (ResinSoul 0036)
Usa (Petworks Usaggie 032)
Pepper Parsons (Pinkie Cooper and the Jet-Set Pets)
Victoria (Hujoo Freya)
Basil conveys an amazing level of attitude with his insouciant slouch.

(And this is the only time in my life that the word "insouciant" instantly sprang to mind as a descriptor. Basil is the personification of insouciance!)
Comparisons are always interesting, and this whole group is just too cute! Except for Ademetus. He's rad.

I mean, I think he's cute, too, but I don't want to upset him.
(11-08-2019, 02:09 AM)davidd Wrote: Basil conveys an amazing level of attitude with his insouciant slouch.

(And this is the only time in my life that the word "insouciant" instantly sprang to mind as a descriptor. Basil is the personification of insouciance!)

His being insouciant does fit fairly well with my idea of him being a bit of a young detective wiz-kid. Also wow, that's not a word I've heard in a while but this is a really good use of it! 

(11-08-2019, 03:38 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Comparisons are always interesting, and this whole group is just too cute! Except for Ademetus. He's rad.

I mean, I think he's cute, too, but I don't want to upset him.

It's okay, you can call Ademetus cute. He'll probably be too busy climbing stuff to notice what you said :Tongue

- - - 

312: New Costume
[Image: 61915579_a846e5040198862f6caf4d88151f3a35_standard.jpg]
We Will Rock You currently have a UK and US tours going on.  In the UK production, Scaramouche has recieved a new first act costume. Of course, my doll version had to get an approximation of it. I think I need to make the shorts longer, and I really should try to get the graphic work on the top done but ... overall it's not too bad?