Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
She's so cute! Like a bit more grown up version of Wednesday from the 60s series.

As for the stockings, that's quite an interesting topic - I was looking at various Wednesdays from various adaptations, and I haven't seen the musical, but none of the other Wednesdays had striped stockings. Original Wednesday from Chas Addams' cartoons, 60s one, 90s feature films and The New Addams Family Wednesdays have black stockings / tights; Wednesday from 70s animated series has bare legs (and pink dress, oh, the horror!), and 90s animated series one has red leggings.

Which is interesting, because I think that if you asked ANYBODY to name famous characters with striped stockings, everyone would say Alice, Wednesday, maybe Pippi Longstocking (although she's more famous for wearing mismatched ones), and then some typical witches and half of Tim Burton's characters. Striped stockings are definitely strongly associated with the 'Wednesday look' (although probably not more than with the 'Alice look', btw, Alice's dress and colors also have interesting history), eventhough she never wore them... I personally like Wednesday fan art and cosplay featuring a nice pair of stiped stockings, because I like striped anything and I think that black and white stripes are very appropriate for her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by neon_jellyfish - 01-25-2019, 05:01 AM