Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Wow! Six pages of photos and commentary... informative and entertaining commentary... posted during what to me felt like a brief absence from the forum.
And you started out, on the day I left, with Bratzillaz Yasmina! I do have a soft spot for the Bratzillaz. I love their glass eyes.

The highlight photo of the past few weeks has to be the Wednesday reading photo. Beautiful composition and lighting.

The new, 1/3 scale Wednesday is certainly an exciting addition to your Addams-inspired clan.

Speaking of the Addams Family (which is pretty much a given in Werepuppy posts), have you ever seen the 1954 movie, The Bowery Boys Meet the Monsters? While of course I'd heard of the Bowery Boys, a group of young men who, in various combinations, featured in nearly fifty motion pictures in the 1940s and 1950s, I had never seen any of their films until this past Hallowe'en night, when I watched ... Meet the Monsters. To my surprise and delight, the 1954 film offered an obvious inspiration for the Addams Family television series that came along a full decade later, including characters that clearly inspired the small-screen portrayals of Gomez, Grandmama, and Lurch. A rather vampy, and vampiric, "niece" offers a Morticia-esque style, albeit with different substance. No Wednesday or Pugsley, however. I found the film of interest more for its obvious genesis of the TV Addams Family character designs than for the intended humor, which is forced at best. Glimpses of the Addams-esque characters may be seen in this trailer for the film, as posted to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCgOk3UJMyQ

(01-23-2019, 03:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: Pippa reminds me of Juliet Mills from Nanny and the Professor.

This comment made my heart skip a little. I had such a crush on "Nanny" when I was a little kid watching syndicated TV reruns... even though I was a little kid and she was, y'know, an adult. I also had perhaps a bigger a crush on her automobile!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by davidd - 01-26-2019, 01:35 PM