Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(01-26-2019, 02:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Crimson Peak isn't really my favorite story, but I love the visuals. The whole thing is so darn beautiful! I want a Crimson Peak dollhouse and a Ghost Mother doll (there is a Funko Pop one, but I want real clothes). Maybe also Lucille in that blue dress.

It's just amazing visually. I really would love a 1/6 scale version of Allerdale Hall. Well, that or the Addams Manor. Could mix the two, I suppose. I do want to - at some point - make an attempt at sewing some of those outfits, especially the purple coat Edith wears. Doll!Edith's wardrobe has - atm - been cobbled together from pieces I've managed to find cheap elsewhere, but I know nothing is period accurate from them. Ooh, that dress was lovely on her. I'll need to flick through the Art book again, see which ones I like.

(01-26-2019, 10:02 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Awww... LOL
I've never even heard of Crimson Peak, but, it's a nice sentiment.
Wednesday's face is so cute.

It's 2013 film by director Guillermo del Toro and it's a Gothic Romance. Like... proper old-school Gothic Romance. Well worth watching, though there are trigger warnings that would need to be considered before going into it. Superbly acted, though. Tom Hiddleston is the male lead and it's the film that sold me on just how good an actor he is.

And thank you! I was really drawn to the face of the doll, which just screamed Wednesday to me when I first saw them (about... It's coming up for a year, I think. I took a long time to research.)

(01-26-2019, 11:23 AM)Elfy Wrote: Your Wednesday is amazing. You can definitely see that she’s Morticia’s daughter.

Thank you! She's very much her Mother's daughter, while still equally being her father's child.

(01-26-2019, 01:35 PM)davidd Wrote: Wow! Six pages of photos and commentary... informative and entertaining commentary... posted during what to me felt like a brief absence from the forum.
And you started out, on the day I left, with Bratzillaz Yasmina! I do have a soft spot for the Bratzillaz. I love their glass eyes.

The highlight photo of the past few weeks has to be the Wednesday reading photo. Beautiful composition and lighting.

The new, 1/3 scale Wednesday is certainly an exciting addition to your Addams-inspired clan.

Speaking of the Addams Family (which is pretty much a given in Werepuppy posts), have you ever seen the 1954 movie, The Bowery Boys Meet the Monsters? [snipped for length]

Bratzillaz Yasmina was a perfect fit for Scaramouche from We Will Rock You, though it did take me time to find a jointed one. My distribution area is not the greatest, sadly. I will make her a more stage accurate outfit at some point, but I'm happy with her for now.

The Wednesday reading picture is just one of my personal faves that I've ever taken, and it's hard to think it was a rush job at the time... I'm enjoying my 1/3 scale Wednesday as well. Though my 1/3 scale girls don't really interact with the 1/6 scale lot - simply because of the height different. Well... No, okay to be more accurate, they don't interact with the fashion doll type lot as I do have some 1/6-ish dolls that they would interact with. (1/4 scale can interact with anyone tbh.)

I haven't heard of those movies, but I will need to go check this one out! It would be fascinating to see a pre-Addams Family ... Addams Family.

- - -

26. On A Leather Chair
[Image: 50994122_8de03333fd6d46550b3361d62b1bee08_standard.jpg]
... It seemed like a good idea ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 01-27-2019, 05:07 AM