Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(02-10-2019, 02:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I see! I thought it was about heavy metal band Mötley Crüe and Sex Pistols' bassist (who died teo years before Mötley Crüe was formed)...

I absolutely love the idea of having dolls of characters from fav books!

And BeGoths are so charming! If they had better articulation, I'd go hunting for them.

Well, those are who the names came from, it's just in their universe they took them from posters or magazines. It's set in the future, and real music has long since been banned so by taking the name of old bands/artists, it helps set them aside as rebels to the society. ...Look, it's a musical based around the music of Queen, and written by one of the UK's top comedic writers of the early millennium, it's a bit daft but fun.

Having dolls that are my fave characters from books was genuinely not something I intended to start being a trend in my collection but... it is happening.

BeGoths are honestly the only dolls in which I let the articulation fly. I get them because I like the look of them, not for any other reason. At some point in this ADAD challenge, I should show off my collection and maybe explain the little doll-verse canons I have for each of them...

(02-10-2019, 02:31 AM)davidd Wrote: Congratulations on the "within budget" Scorpio win!

I'm curious: do you find books to go with your dolls, or dolls to go with your books? It's a chicken-and-egg question; which comes first?

I hope "real life" is getting back into alignment for you.

Thank you! It's always nice when a win falls into the budget.

Books come first, dolls are usually an accidental find later on. Except Mildred, who is a custom I went out and made myself to fulfill the wish of the child me from time ago Tongue

Eh, it's getting somewhere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 02-10-2019, 05:09 AM