Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Glinda was perceptive of current trends. She saw that "bad girls" were becoming the "new popular." Little did she realize the full repercussions of what she was doing.

I mean, case in point: you still have Casta/Elphaba, but Glinda has gone by the wayside.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(02-12-2019, 03:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Glinda was perceptive of current trends. She saw that "bad girls" were becoming the "new popular." Little did she realize the full repercussions of what she was doing.

I mean, case in point: you still have Casta/Elphaba, but Glinda has gone by the wayside.

To be fair, Glinda has gone because she got broken during a clear out to paint the room. Accidentally, but still ><
(02-12-2019, 05:02 AM)werepuppy Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Glinda was perceptive of current trends. She saw that "bad girls" were becoming the "new popular." Little did she realize the full repercussions of what she was doing.

To be fair, Glinda has gone because she got broken during a clear out to paint the room. Accidentally, but still ><

And was Glinda the only one who got broken? Or did other nice, blonde dollies suffer the same fate?

Hmmm.... There may be more to this story beneath the surface.
(02-12-2019, 05:32 AM)davidd Wrote: And was Glinda the only one who got broken? Or did other nice, blonde dollies suffer the same fate?

Hmmm.... There may be more to this story beneath the surface.

Nah, the other dolls who went out were Mattel ones that were suffering greatly from glue head and couldn't really be salvaged.
My cool, popular, very pretty classmate once told me she's gonna do my hair and make-up and make me a pretty girl, so I'll become popular, too. She meant well, really, but it still sent chills down my spine... Ugh.
(02-12-2019, 06:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My cool, popular, very pretty classmate once told me she's gonna do my hair and make-up and make me a pretty girl, so I'll become popular, too. She meant well, really, but it still sent chills down my spine... Ugh.

I sincerely hope you told this classmate where to get off because no one has the right to do that.
(That's really my big issue with the song; Glinda does not respect the fact that Elphaba does not want this. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's always fun to see the actresses ham it up but... still.)
(02-12-2019, 06:33 AM)werepuppy Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 06:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My cool, popular, very pretty classmate once told me she's gonna do my hair and make-up and make me a pretty girl, so I'll become popular, too. She meant well, really, but it still sent chills down my spine... Ugh.

I sincerely hope you told this classmate where to get off because no one has the right to do that.
(That's really my big issue with the song; Glinda does not respect the fact that Elphaba does not want this. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's always fun to see the actresses ham it up but... still.)

I said 'no thanks'. She seemed a bit surprised, but she eventually made her peace with it LOL
This entertaining conversation reminds me of one of my favorite Disney songs of all time: She's the Pink of Perfection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kUJ0a0sFXg
(02-12-2019, 06:50 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I said 'no thanks'. She seemed a bit surprised, but she eventually made her peace with it LOL

Well, that's good to hear!

(02-12-2019, 11:16 AM)davidd Wrote: This entertaining conversation reminds me of one of my favorite Disney songs of all time: She's the Pink of Perfection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kUJ0a0sFXg

I have not heard that song before. Interesting..

- - -

43. Friends
[Image: 48975118_df098221c014b38d18696e437ab02317_standard.jpg]
Matilda Wormwood makes friends with Stitch. Her parents are never able to find any left socks ever again.
That's a cute Matilda! They look like they're plotting something...
Mischief is afoot with the blue crew!
My Paddington is much bigger than yours is, I think. He’s about 18” tall when he’s standing. And Elfy spoils/indulges me terribly with the toy collecting, I get a new “something” most Days to Celebrate.

Matilda & Stitch look like they’re up to no good
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Definite plotting going on there between Matilda and Stitch.
(02-13-2019, 03:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a cute Matilda! They look like they're plotting something...

Thanks! She's an Obitsu 11 body with a ... wow, I can't even remember what head it was. One of the first customs that I did myself.

(02-13-2019, 04:14 AM)davidd Wrote: Mischief is afoot with the blue crew!

Blue crew. Ha, I like that.

(02-13-2019, 06:38 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: My Paddington is much bigger than yours is, I think. He’s about 18” tall when he’s standing. And Elfy spoils/indulges me terribly with the toy collecting, I get a new “something” most Days to Celebrate.

Matilda & Stitch look like they’re up to no good

Aw, that's genuinely lovely. And, well, maybe they're plotting to be a little bit naughty. Sometimes, you just have to be.

(02-13-2019, 06:06 PM)Elfy Wrote: Definite plotting going on there between Matilda and Stitch.

Only a little bit!

- - -

44. You Keep Looking to the Past, You Won't Find Me There
[Image: 48975694_d93841648a11540b9a2343bae7385bf4_standard.jpg]
Edith has to remind her husband that the events of Aderdale Hall are behind them now, and they have a future together.
With the thrill of the chase behind him, will his interest soon flag, and his eye wander? Likewise, will the dull reality of no longer being pursued, but rather, merely kept, grow tedious for her, and lead her to seek... adventure... elsewhere?