Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(02-18-2019, 10:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I so want to reply to this post, but I don't want to derail this thread any further, would you guys be interested in starting an off-topic thread where we'd babble about, er, I mean, discuss the noble subject that is literature in most eloquent of manners?

Not now, though, I really need to go to bed...

I would 100% be up for that! From what I've seen on the forum, I think a lot of people would have excellent contributions to give to such a discussion!

(02-18-2019, 04:12 PM)Elfy Wrote: On Dahl, he also wrote the screenplay for You Only Live Twice, and he actually worked with Ian Fleming during WW2. He was a fighter pilot, and I think he also invented the concept of the gremlin as a mechanically minded mischief maker. His Tales of the Unex.pected for adults were televised and they were often quite chilling.

I did actually read one of his short stories for adults back in high school. It was about a lady who murdered her husband with a joint of lamb, and got away with it by getting the police to eat the evidence. Weirdly, telling you that does not really spoil the story because it's all about how she manages to pull this off. It's really good.

Also I did not know he was involved with Gremlins!

- - -

49. The Matilda Pose
[Image: 48975746_8416525fc6f241689b82bdfdfd6223ab_standard.jpg]
Taken in 2014, this is a picture of my 11cm custom obitsu - Matilda Wormwood - standing with a flyer for the musical adaptation of her origin source. The musical is awesome and you all should go, and tiny little Matilda is my darling little custom - smallest one to date.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 02-19-2019, 02:51 AM