Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(02-27-2019, 01:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Isn't it funny how dolls interfere with our plans and boss us around, eventhough they're supposedly inanimate pieces of plastic?

It really is. (Though part of me still thinks in Toy Story terms and would like to think my dolls have a great personal life when I'm not around. It's a fun image, really...)

(02-27-2019, 12:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks very nice in that outfit and wig. Funny how some looks just suit (or not) some dolls.

Honestly, blonde would not have been my choice for her, and yet it just... works. It is a funny thing, but a nice one too.

(02-27-2019, 01:06 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I'm a little behind, but Wednesday with a crossbow is pretty awesome!

Thank you! It took a while to get her posed well, she likes tipping over unless her feet are in the exactly right places to carry her weight and the weight of the crossbow

(02-27-2019, 03:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: We are looking forward to Good Omens, if we get it here. We’ve enjoyed the TV versions of Discworld thus far.

I believe Prime will be doing worldwide streaming. I hope they are, if I have to wait half a year for the BBC broadcast, I will not be pleased. Oh, I liked those too - Hogfather is my favourite.

(02-27-2019, 08:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The custom of Susan is so cool - how great of your parents to get her for you.

We’ve had a couple of dolls that have decided opinions on their characters often at complete opposite to what I thought they would be.

I really was so pleased when they gave her to me. It was nice that they thought to combine my interests in that way.

I really think it's interesting how the dolls sort of end up dictating to us, rather than the other way around. I know the idea is a good character writes themselves, but I still think it's fascinating when it happens.

- - -

58. A New Top for Olivia
[Image: 52078057_e0d5961614091f1d3e17adb48cba5e4c_standard.jpg]
I was up early this morning for the people coming to fix the boiler. While I waited on them, I decided I would work on making something. That something became this top for Olivia.

The raw edges at the neck and arms are deliberate choices, and the fabric doesn't really fray so we should be good for a while. It came, believe it or not, from a pair of pyjamas that were going to be flung out. I washed them up and used the fabric. Always good to get the use out of something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 02-27-2019, 09:43 PM