Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-01-2019, 03:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Khaki trousers! Kewlness! Are you going to make an entire safari-style ensemble for him? Jack could become Jack Hannah, the TV animal guy!

They're meant to be grey, but you're right, they do look pretty khaki there. I... don't know if that's in my plans. Honestly, it wasn't, I was hoping to go for more of a Jack Dawkins vibe but now you've planted that idea... It could be a possible...

(03-01-2019, 03:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Simple but nice and they will go with anything he might get in the future! Nice job!

That was the aim! I'm hoping to make a pair from a blue fabric I have that will look a bit more like jeans, ideally. Thank you! 

(03-01-2019, 11:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Good job; pants can be hard.

Can we just for a moment try to imagine a world of dolls with aloha spirit and not the shock-and-gore-seeking world of too many scriptwriters??  xp

Thank you, and they really can! I keep having to double check I've sewn them the right way before doing the crotch seams because if you don't do it right the first time, it will mess up. (Good with with block colour fabric it's not too much of a hassle, but printed fabric there would be issues.)

And I will imagine that world, if only because the shock-and-gore seeking ideas for dolls are beyond cliché now? Though I did see a fun idea about a haunted doll being "adopted" by a human android and that was just really cute.

- - - 

60. 1982 Pedigree Sindy
[Image: 52158483_ca21341a760fa29f334f1a22a8353b6b_standard.jpg]
A blonde 1982 Pedigree Sindy. She's wearing a Faerie Glen dress. Sindy was the UK's answer to Barbie and was sort of the girl-next-door to the supermodel type. She first came out in the 60s and has been around in some form since then.

This is my only Pedigree girl, I would quite like to get hold of another. And maybe some more Faerie Glen outfits. (They were a company that also made dolls of a similar size to Sindy and the outfits are just as popular.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 03-02-2019, 02:52 AM