Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-02-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love learning about all these vintage dolls that pop up in various challenge threads! She's a cutie!

(03-02-2019, 07:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’ve had such an education in different doll & toy lines the last 2 years through these threads.
I had heard of Sindy before, but didn’t realise that she wasn’t American, a different version of Barbie

Both of you might enjoy having a quick read of the Wiki page on Sindy. It's not the most detailed of histories, but it gives a good overview of the line. Pedigree-made Sindy dolls tend to stand out a bit as being the most popular ones among collectors, largely as they were very much unique in the UK doll market at the time. 

(03-02-2019, 09:33 AM)davidd Wrote: Some of the Sindy releases, like the one you picture here, are very cute with charming face-ups. That is quite a lovely outfit you've found for her.

Thank you! Some of them do show a bit of wear and tear from being the favoured toys of years. Her outfit is from a company called Faerie Glen, who did make toys and their own doll lines - Gigi being one of them. Since they were also marketing in the UK, Gigi favoured Sindy's proportions and thus Faerie Glen made clothing tends to fit Sindy well. Some pieces are just as desirable as vintage Sindy pieces. (Sindy also has really awesome furniture and accessories if you can find them on eBay that work well with 1/6 scale people and - as a bonus - are not predominately pink like most of Barbie's releases.)

(03-02-2019, 12:05 PM)Elfy Wrote: Toy Story was a good, ant not gore soaked vision of living dolls.

Agreed. Though the haunted doll and android thing I mentioned earlier was a cute concept - each saw the other as the same as them and... yeah, just a lot of the situations that were suggested came across as fun. It would make a great comedy.

- - - 

61. Model and I Know It
[Image: 52184993_9e281e334b2ac0a51888bf3fabcb3310_standard.jpg]
Jack models off his new top, made from the same fabric as Olivia's.  Because they are 100% the friends who would buy matching tops. The dorks. Jack is also showing off because he knows he's a handsome sort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 03-03-2019, 01:23 AM