Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-03-2019, 02:09 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aww, matching tops! That's so cute. And he definitely has that 'model look' down to a fine art!

They're such dorks, honestly. And yeah, Jack knows how to show himself off. Little poser.

(03-03-2019, 11:24 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: I love learning about foreign dolls. Sindy looks great.

Also, that Star Wars fabric is cute.

Yeah, the earlier Sindys were really cute. Also, thank you! I liked the fabric a lot and it's why I was determined to use it instead of just throwing it out.

(03-03-2019, 12:43 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Cool that you're having fun making matching outfits from that fabric.  Jack is definitely being model-y LOL
I remember hearing about Sindy.  I don't think I knew she was British.  Yours is very cute.

I feel like Right Said Fred should be playing... Oh yeah, Sindy is the UK doll of choice and was for many years. In her current incarnation, she's an 18" doll like American Girl or Generation Girl. Personally, I'm not really fond of this newer version, although her clothing sets do fit some of my bigger girls, and my oldest bear who needs to be kept covered so it's good for that. I just sort of wish they had made her in fashion doll size again. That original look would have probably done well in the current market. 

(03-03-2019, 01:47 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Nice job on the sewing!  Sindy may have been intended as a Barbie type doll, but she seems to have more in common with Ideal Tammy.

I believe I'm right in saying that Pedigree may have made a deal with Ideal in regards to the style of the doll, so it would be accurate to say Tammy is Sindy's older American cousin. 

(03-03-2019, 07:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: He's very sure of his model pose there :O

And nice that he's got a matching top with his friend.

Jack knows how to show off. Which is interesting considering he and Olivia are really such dorks. 

- - - 

62. Talking of Models...
[Image: 52212812_cbd82c11073fff060b0130a2edacc559_standard.jpg]
My Original Effect Reborn Body finally has a pair of trousers that fit her well! For these, I went with basic black because, well, let's be honest, simple thing that can go with anything, plus matches her heels. It took me a while to find a pattern I could easily adapt for this body - she's a bit thicker than most fashion dolls do those patterns don't size up as easily, but I managed it.

... I still really adore her sulky ex.pression.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 03-03-2019, 10:27 PM