Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-06-2019, 02:11 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, it suits her well! It definitely looks like something she loves to wear!

Thank you! I do need to try to make a more matching top. I think something white would work best, since it would help to bring out the white stars in the skirt. Hm. Might work on that later, I think I've got some soft cotton that would work well...

(03-06-2019, 03:18 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Functional pockets! It looks great!

I'm just amazed doll clothes have worked out a thing that actual clothing seems to not understand!

(03-06-2019, 10:41 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Nice job on the skirt.  And functional pockets -- wow.  That's a little better than "rather basic" sewing skills, I bet.
(03-06-2019, 01:41 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm kind of wanting to make her a gown that would fit with the silent film actress vibe, I'm just not sure what style, and whether or not I would be able to pull it off. My sewing skills are still rather basic.
Well, try it anyway.  What is there to lose?  If you use a piece of scrap for a prototype, you won't have to worry about wrecking your preferred fabric, and you might end up with something wearable on the first try.  I never made any doll clothes before doing my girls' pirate jacket... just tried on a whim and it turned out pretty well.  So I'm looking forward to seeing what you make smile

Honestly, the pockets were easier to do than the waistband, if I'm completely honest here. And you've got a very good point... I'll just need to look up some designs to try to get an idea. And knowing me, it'll take a while - I'm faster for 1/3 stuff than 1/6 stuff. Mostly because the latter requires smaller stitching, so I need to have a lot of good light. 

(03-06-2019, 11:30 AM)davidd Wrote: Cute! She looks like the prototypical "big sister" from a 1960s TV program.

I am taking this as a compliment - because my head went to Marilyn Munster and that is not a bad image. 

(03-06-2019, 03:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Sure, Jan [/end meme]

- - - 

65. 1984 Pedigree Sindy with Active Body
[Image: 52334550_119e060eef307e8533d24726b9730449_standard.jpg]
Active body just means she has bendy limbs rather like a Takara Licca-chan. Pretty sure she's 1984 from her head marking and shorter hair style. I call her Susan. After Susan Foreman, the Doctor's granddaughter. Something about her reminds me of the character from Doctor Who. And yes, Faerie Glen dress again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 03-07-2019, 01:48 AM