Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Cute! She looks like the prototypical "big sister" from a 1960s TV program.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!
(03-06-2019, 02:11 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, it suits her well! It definitely looks like something she loves to wear!

Thank you! I do need to try to make a more matching top. I think something white would work best, since it would help to bring out the white stars in the skirt. Hm. Might work on that later, I think I've got some soft cotton that would work well...

(03-06-2019, 03:18 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Functional pockets! It looks great!

I'm just amazed doll clothes have worked out a thing that actual clothing seems to not understand!

(03-06-2019, 10:41 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Nice job on the skirt.  And functional pockets -- wow.  That's a little better than "rather basic" sewing skills, I bet.
(03-06-2019, 01:41 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm kind of wanting to make her a gown that would fit with the silent film actress vibe, I'm just not sure what style, and whether or not I would be able to pull it off. My sewing skills are still rather basic.
Well, try it anyway.  What is there to lose?  If you use a piece of scrap for a prototype, you won't have to worry about wrecking your preferred fabric, and you might end up with something wearable on the first try.  I never made any doll clothes before doing my girls' pirate jacket... just tried on a whim and it turned out pretty well.  So I'm looking forward to seeing what you make smile

Honestly, the pockets were easier to do than the waistband, if I'm completely honest here. And you've got a very good point... I'll just need to look up some designs to try to get an idea. And knowing me, it'll take a while - I'm faster for 1/3 stuff than 1/6 stuff. Mostly because the latter requires smaller stitching, so I need to have a lot of good light. 

(03-06-2019, 11:30 AM)davidd Wrote: Cute! She looks like the prototypical "big sister" from a 1960s TV program.

I am taking this as a compliment - because my head went to Marilyn Munster and that is not a bad image. 

(03-06-2019, 03:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Sure, Jan [/end meme]

- - - 

65. 1984 Pedigree Sindy with Active Body
[Image: 52334550_119e060eef307e8533d24726b9730449_standard.jpg]
Active body just means she has bendy limbs rather like a Takara Licca-chan. Pretty sure she's 1984 from her head marking and shorter hair style. I call her Susan. After Susan Foreman, the Doctor's granddaughter. Something about her reminds me of the character from Doctor Who. And yes, Faerie Glen dress again.
Another vintage cutie! I like her face, she looks like she knows what she wants and she's going to get it.
I love seeing your vintage Sindies. I know little about her since I'm American.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
I love that you named Susan after the First Doctor's original companion!

(And yes, the 1960s Big Sister comment was intended as a compliment!)

((And Elfy's response made me laugh!))

(((And no, the "meme" did not end, because then you introduced us to Susan, named after a 1960s TV character! LOL)))
(03-07-2019, 02:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Another vintage cutie! I like her face, she looks like she knows what she wants and she's going to get it.

I would need to agree there, Susan is quite a confident girl. 

(03-07-2019, 04:17 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: I love seeing your vintage Sindies. I know little about her since I'm American.

These are really the only ones I have, but I'm always keeping an eye out for another because... yeah, they're cute.

(03-07-2019, 11:27 AM)davidd Wrote: I love that you named Susan after the First Doctor's original companion!

(And yes, the 1960s Big Sister comment was intended as a compliment!)

((And Elfy's response made me laugh!))

(((And no, the "meme" did not end, because then you introduced us to Susan, named after a 1960s TV character! LOL)))

The First Doctor has legitimately been one of my favourite versions of the character for years - I love the character development we see with him. 

(... Dammit, self, you should have thought that through, >< LOL)

- - - 

66. World Book Day 2019
[Image: 52370902_567fe676187351094809172b56c590ea_standard.jpg]
Matilda shows off her book in honour of the day. (Yes, it's World Book Day in the UK today. I don't know why we seem to have it at a different date.)
Happy World Book Day, Matilda! I actually thought that the UK/IRL one is the only one, I only learned about the Rest-of-the-World Book Day earlier today! I had a photo planned, but I decided to move it to the international date.
Aww, what a cute Matilda plush! Of course she would celebrate today!
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Susan & Matilda are both cute. I didn't know there was a World Book Day.
(Every day should be a book day LOL )
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(03-08-2019, 06:48 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Happy World Book Day, Matilda! I actually thought that the UK/IRL one is the only one, I only learned about the Rest-of-the-World Book Day earlier today! I had a photo planned, but I decided to move it to the international date.

I'll probably post another one on that date, so I can celebrate both! 

(03-08-2019, 10:04 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Aww, what a cute Matilda plush! Of course she would celebrate today!

It's her very favourite day.

(03-08-2019, 11:51 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Susan & Matilda are both cute.  I didn't know there was a World Book Day.
(Every day should be a book day LOL )

In this house, every day is! 

- - - 

67. Put Up Your Dukes
[Image: 48977171_124a63f2788d004deb12285c09f7e134_standard.jpg]
She's quite punk rock
She punk-rocks that outfit! The jacket is especially pretty!
The biker boots and jacket are boss! I presume she changes out of the skirt when she rides her motorcycle.

Then again, she's tough and edgy, so maybe not.
We’re the same with book day, it’s every day for us. We had a book buying expedition today, and added 10 more to Mt Toberead.
(03-09-2019, 02:53 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She punk-rocks that outfit! The jacket is especially pretty!

Sadly, I can't leave the jacket on long because she can stain and it has happened once. Still, it's a really nice jacket. 

(03-09-2019, 04:06 AM)davidd Wrote: The biker boots and jacket are boss! I presume she changes out of the skirt when she rides her motorcycle.

Then again, she's tough and edgy, so maybe not.

She wears shorts underneath. A good compromise. 

(03-09-2019, 04:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: We’re the same with book day, it’s every day for us. We had a book buying expedition today, and added 10 more to Mt Toberead.

Such a mighty mountain to conquer.

- - - 

68. MIB: 1998 Vivid Imaginations Children In Need Sindy
[Image: 52444038_bf80b18030b11a7c5321ce5de0bada5b_standard.jpg]
This is the Sindy that I remember from childhood and, as you can see, she was turned... very Barbie. Vivid Imaginations got the license from Pedigree following Mattel suing Hasbro for the change in Sindy to make her more like Barbie. (A case they won, btw.)

Vivid had Sindy till the early 00s, and tend to be the ones I remember most. This one I remember as it was one the the first dolls I had saved up for by myself. 

I don't know whether to debox her or not. A lot of the elastic is disintegrating so I do wanna fix that...