Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-13-2019, 04:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a very pretty Merida doll!

I think the face-sculpt is close enough to the limited edition doll they made - which I sadly do not have. (At some point I will get nice pictures of my LE Disney dolls.)

(03-13-2019, 02:28 PM)davidd Wrote: That's a fun backstory!

I find boxed figures quite challenging to photograph. I think a lighting set-up and a polarizing filter would be required for optimal results.

Hmm, I think you're right about that. 

(03-13-2019, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: Do you have Merida’s accent?

I do. I have cosplayed as Merida at a convention in London and had one other person who was also in that costume declare it unfair because I was actually Scottish. I also delighted a ton of little kids who saw Merida, and then heard the actual voice. 

(03-14-2019, 02:56 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: What a pretty Merida doll! I didn't know they made a talking one of her.

This was during Brave being first released in cinemas, when the Disney Store were still making 17" dolls outside of their Limited Edition lines.. She appears on eBay now and then, often a bit more affordable than some of the others of the same height. 

- - - 

72. MIB: Monster High: Adult Collector: Zomby GaGa
[Image: 51971508_342782cf447df346b1cea806e46b93fd_standard.jpg]
This is another one where the doll has remained in the box largely because I like how it looks rather than for any real reason beyond that. Zomby GaGa was one I was able to pre-order and thus got her a bit cheaper than she almost immediately became available for. Sometimes I want to open her up because you just know she would be a fun doll to photograph.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 03-14-2019, 04:17 AM