Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-25-2019, 02:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh, I did mean Flection (well, I don't like the Friction one either), I just kind of typed the first F-body that came to mind... My bad. I don't like the older bodies mostly because I know the non-bendable wrists will bother the hell out of me, and considering the price of dolls (even on Mandarake, oh, the joys of Czech crown) and the inevitable hassle with the Customs, it's just not worth it. But I do like the Emotion body, so I'm sure I will get some of the future releases!

Your Gorjuss ladies are so adorable! I don't have any of the dolls, but I love the brand! They're just so cute.

Ahhh, yeah, I know right now the prices only seem reasonable to me (well, in comparison with what they have been) because the yen to pound is quite favourable. I hope that the right one for you will appear and you will adore! 

Thank you! I've been very lucky with the Gorjuss girls. 

(03-25-2019, 02:17 AM)davidd Wrote: Definitely colorful!

And the stripey socks motif continues!

I have not seen this line of figures before.

(03-25-2019, 06:40 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Wow, I've never heard of the Gorjuss dolls before. They look unique (and colorful, as you said)

They're based off the mascot for the [url=https://www.santoro-london.com/en/collections/gorjuss]Santoro London[/url] range and are made by Spanish company Paolo Reina. These are the vinyl dolls which are about ... 13"/33cm in height, though proportionately they fit better with 1/4 scale than 1/6. They tend to be a bit easier to find in the UK/EU but they have appeared on Amazon US, and on eBay.

(03-25-2019, 11:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm the one who's always 'not-familiar' with so many of the dolls, but I have seen photos of these.  You have a cute trio.  How much articulation do they have?

Five points: head, shoulders, and legs. Very basic, like you would ex.pect with a toddler doll or the like. They're more meant to be design pieces, I think, than toys for playing with.

(03-25-2019, 01:34 PM)GreysPrincess Wrote: I know I’m jumping back a few pages, but how do the Harry Potter dolls pose? I haven’t gotten around to grabbing any yet but I do like the look of them. (And if they ever make a Luna all bets are off.)

I love seeing Gorjuss dolls; they’re so cute in their minimalist way.

The Harry Potter dolls pose pretty similarly to EAH/MH. I actually think the girl body is re-use of some old EAH bodies, tbh.

The very minimal features on the Gorjuss dolls remind me of old style rag dolls. 

(03-25-2019, 02:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: Gorjuss! So cute! Lejays loves the Gorjuss line, she has bags and has done a few of the cross stitches.

Ooh, I didn't know there were cross-stitches! I've not tried my hand at that in years.

- - - 

84. Ophelia and Sera Frump
[Image: 48977409_bc3f7565c11398d61edb0f5c20f6f938_standard.jpg]
Ophelia, and her little sister, Sera. Addamses have a colour scheme... 
Okay, so truthfully? When I was first given my Azone, I had no plans for her to become a member of my 1/6 scale Addams clan. After all, she was a gift from my parents who hadn't really bought her knowing about said clan. But - as a friend pointed out to me - she looked exactly the part. And so, within less than a day, she took her place as Ophelia's little sister. 

Also: the above photo in colour:
[Image: 48977427_d1397482e612458830de138a3860aa9b_standard.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 03-26-2019, 12:05 AM