Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-01-2019, 03:10 AM)davidd Wrote: She needs stripey socks to go with the nifty striped skull dress.

Uhm, speaking of that skull... or skullette... logo on the dress: Monster High derivative muchly? ("Derivative" in this case being employed euphemistically for "blatant rip-off.")

Has the Shibajuku line been discontinued?

Oh well, despite her derivative-ness on multiple levels from multiple sources, she is a cute li'l thing.

Her socks have bats on them which, while not as cool as stripey socks, is still pretty dang cool all things considered. Also I think "derivative" may be the best word to apply to Shibajuku Girls as a whole, for obvious reasons. Not necessarily a bad thing but, still... In the case of the dress, I have to admit that I have seen very similar things in human-size for sale in my local alternative clothing stores before and after Monster High, so it just seems to be a staple of goth/punk/alternative wardrobes rather than riffing on another line. 

I believe the line has been discontinued: she was found at a discount chain in the UK, and had been put on sale there so... That's pretty much a sign of a doll line that is not getting made anymore. She is very cute, I have to agree. I do like her grey eyes. 

(04-01-2019, 03:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: We have that outfit! They have the best clothes.

I wish some of the Shibajuku clothing packs had also been available - some of their outfits were very cool looking from what a google search can show me. 

(04-01-2019, 08:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Squee! Shibajuku Girls! I wanted to get a few, but didn't for usual reasons. I love her outfit!

Ah, the usual reasons. I really wish they did not exist. I am happy to have Yoko, she's a sweet lil' thing. 

- - - 

91. Favoured Plushie
[Image: 53213659_538ee3071965dafde27872e9782b780d_standard.jpg]
Wednesday pinched my Loki plushie, but she looks so cute with him, it's really hard to argue against her having it...

The Loki plushie is from the Funko Hero Plushies line. Here's the picture in colour:
[Image: 53213654_97c8cf3f6226a72a1a7470053f85de3f_standard.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 04-02-2019, 01:35 AM