Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-15-2019, 02:10 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cute packs! It's great to have your best characters in doll form!

I would die from happiness if someone made series of Alice dolls inspired by all the illustrations, starting with Tenniel, of course, and I'd love also Rackham's and Rountree's (the one with dark green dress, I think it's the version form 1908) Alices, and while Mabel Attwell's illustrations aren't necessarily considered classic, I really like them, so I'd want her redhead Alice in a polka dot dress...

Come to think of it, Pullip Optical Alice does resemble Blanche McManus's rendition of the character...

And I'd die from happiness again if there were The Last Unicorn dolls...

I think this is why I love getting characters from media I like in doll or figure form. It's just nice to have a representation of them in a physical form? Even if 9 times out of 10, it'll be based upon a adaptation if the character originated in a book. Your knowledge of Alice and her illustrators is amazing, I started to google them, and I need to agree with your choices, particularly redhead Alice in the polka dot dress.

... I want to say that I did see Last Unicorn customs made from MH dolls, but it was a few years ago and on an older laptop so I no longer have the links to make sure that it what it was. It would be cool if some of the companies that make statues from older anime and whatnot decided to make something from that particular book or it's movie adaptation...

(04-15-2019, 04:19 AM)davidd Wrote: Lovely sets. It appears you mean to keep these mint-in-box. The packaging displays the figures nicely.

That looks like a very nice rendition of Alice.

The Disney Designer sets always seem to come in a format that the box seems part of the overall look of it, so keeping them mint-in-box doesn't feel as much of a trial as it should. Alice is very nice, there are some pictures on Flickr of her freed from box by other people and whenever I see them, I end up wishing that the Disney Store would make an Alice doll for their regular line of dolls. I think it would sell quite well, actually. 

(04-15-2019, 02:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooh, I'd want to take them out of the boxes and set up all kinds of photostories. Nice that you have these really special sets.

If I ever manage to get the money to buy an extra set of each on the after-market, I will likely debox them, as I think I would have a lot of fun with those dolls. 

(04-15-2019, 04:24 PM)Elfy Wrote: They’re really cute. In this case I think they suit the box.

It is nice when the box feels like a compliment to the dolls. Disney are quite good in making sure their designer dolls have boxes that tend to work for display purposes.

(04-15-2019, 05:05 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: There are very few dolls that I think should stay in the box, but these sets would be some of them.

But I would also love to take them out and take cool photos with them too

Honestly, there are a lot of times I've been tempted to open them, but I just really like the way they look in box. 

- - - 

105. 999 Happy Haunts
[Image: 48979798_3257239902ea60a2926a3be7be71a2d3_standard.jpg]
The Phantom Manor/The Haunted Mansion has always been my favourite Disney attraction, as I'm sure comes as a surprise to absolutely no one on this board. I like trying to collect things to do with it, though not pictured here are my pins which are on the pin board instead. This is one of those collections that's been gathered slowly over years, and just happens if and when I luck upon something at a decent price. 

I do have all of the Tales from the Haunted Mansion books that have been brought out so far, and for books aimed at the younger side of YA, they're fairly decent reads. I'm also fortunate to have the Designing the Haunted Mansion book which gives some fascinating insight in the attraction and features from great art from various versions of it around the world.  

The Bride doll is Constance Hatchaway, the bride who murders her husbands for their wealthy inheritance. The tsums were Park exclusive and I do have the maid one as well, it's just that this was meant to focus on the ghosts of the Manor and the current ... legal owner. 

Gracey is from the Disney Attractionistas line, and is probably the best one of the line, in my opinion. In my doll canon she tends to fit more with the Disney Descendants lot, being the most recent of the Gracey line to own the Manor (it did once belong to a murderous pirate captain, who married into the Gracey family. By sheer luck, he died before he offed his wife, and she passed not long after and the manor fell to her family since he had none living.)

... Yeah, sorry, I can go on a bit.

Oh, and for those curious? The Manor can always fit one more... just remember to bring your death certificate! Mwhaha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 04-16-2019, 02:23 AM