Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-20-2019, 01:44 AM)werepuppy Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She really looks great in thet dress. While blue dress wasn't the first one, the blue variants are definitely my favorite of all Alice's dresses.

And I'm with you on the face-ups on dolls modeled after actors.

... You know, idea of Alice wearing blue has become so connected that I genuinely cannot recall what colour was first used for her dress. I know The Nursery Alice has her in yellow, but no, I don't think that was the first one... It'll come to me. Or I'll google it. 

Hot Toys show so well how much a good paint job is needed for those types of face-ups. Medicom also do fairly well in their Real Action Heroes line. Half the time I feel like Disney Store don't even deserve a "you tried" star.

Yes, the first color Alice's dress ever had was yellow in The Nursery Alice (1890), the first blue dress appeared in 1903 in new recolors of Tenniel's illustrations. Uh, sorry, I'm kinda obsessed when it comes to Alice illustrations.

I love Uma's color scheme! Too bad about the braids. It seems that the limited 'exclusive' version also had painted accessories and belts and other extra stuff that the not-so-exclusive version doesn't have! Oh well. She's still very pretty!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by neon_jellyfish - 04-20-2019, 07:07 AM