Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-22-2019, 04:51 AM)davidd Wrote: That girl exudes confidence!

She is a very confident lady... in most things. Sailing, she's still getting the hang of. She'll get there! 

(04-22-2019, 05:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Another badass princess with big hair!

The bigger the hair, the most badass you are?

(04-22-2019, 10:19 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooo, I would be tempted to get her... maybe... smile

I don't know if this would help your decision or not, but her body is much thicker than the other Disney Store dolls. They actually have done their best to represent who she is properly. 

(04-22-2019, 10:33 AM)Elfy Wrote: Moana’s got some attitude there. I bet she’s just put Maui in his place...again.

... Well, someone's got to do it. Even if he is voiced by the most electrifying man in all of sports entertainment. 

- - - 

112. Esmeralda Body Swap
[Image: 49030825_93a68fcef9069db35b94b84be11bf286_standard.jpg]
Okay, this this was mostly done out of curiosity last summer: I had one of the orange top made to move Barbies lying around and I was curious as to if her skin tone was a good match for Esme here. It's not that her old body (the one to the right) was badly articulated, it's just that it didn't do as much.

So final conclusions?

Actually a pretty good match! There's a bit more orange in Esme's facial skin tone but under most lights it's not that bad, and it largely doesn't seem to be apparent at all when photographed. The made to move body seems very matte in comparison to the old one. 

Also? Much smaller chest, she does not fill out her bodice nearly as much as she once did. 

Still, I'm happy. She'll be able to pull off all her awesome dance moves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 04-23-2019, 12:38 AM