Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-28-2019, 02:44 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Mildred is cute.  And a doll for Easter is a great gift (and better for you than chocolate, haha).  Great that you're enjoying little Freya so much.
Lack of merch might have something to do with copyright and what rights the creator or copyright holder was willing to license.

Freya is a little treat, and tbh if you asked me to pick between Coraline and chocolate... Coraline wins. Always.
This... is possibly true. I do think there's honestly the element of it's not a big enough franchise to it as well? Any/all adaptations have pretty much been restricted to the television, on relatively smaller channels. Netflix is probably the biggest place to have it ever. (Actually, there is a musical now touring the UK, and will be entering the West End for a limited period later this year.)

(04-28-2019, 10:30 AM)Elfy Wrote: Interesting that there’s not much merch, because isn’t the actress who plays the awesome Lyanna Mormont in Game of Thrones in Worst Witch as well?

You're right! It's really fun, watching her in GoT and then watching her in Worst Witch because the characters of Lyanna and Mildred could not be more different and she handles it all so very well. I think she'll do well in her career, I hope she does, she's already proven herself very capable of handling two very different tones. Credit to all the young cast, actually, they all do so well. You can't help but feel proud of them.

(04-28-2019, 10:31 AM)davidd Wrote: Aww... your little Worst Witch is adorable! Her toes might be cold, though; she needs some appropriately witchy footwear.

That's too bad that there has never been a line of figures based on the books and television series. Surprising, really, considering how almost everything is heavily merchandised these days.

The approved school wear is big clumpy boots, like Doc Martens. I like to think it's to teach the girls that if they ever meet a creep, they can kick first before going to spells. (Worst Witch has always had this bent of just because you know how to use magic, doesn't mean it needs to be your first go to all the time. A smart witch thinks.) But trying to find appropriately clumpy boots for that size is a big hard. Hence thinking of getting one of the slightly bigger Obitsu bodies for her.
It really is a shame there isn't anything in the way of official merch for it - I can't help but think there could be some really cute things for this series. Ah well. Maybe Funko will make some POP vinyls, since they do it with pretty much everything else. 

- - - 

118. Victoria
[Image: 54215146_90e9a874370b020fee2c64165e164f4e_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 27th April 2019
A bit of an impulsive bid and subsequent win on eBay that I should really have had more control on... one of the full size Hujoo Freya's. Due to her white colour, I decided to name her Victoria, as inspired by the white kitten from Cats the Musical. 
Face-up, wig, eyes, and outfit all came from her original owner and... I'm liking it. Will probably re-dress her at some point, but for now, she's a lovely addition and I love her little smile.

Bonus: Victoria re-dressed:
[Image: 54219495_f524ee5deae61fdf84800b18a569732f_standard.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 04-29-2019, 12:52 AM