Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-30-2019, 02:19 AM)davidd Wrote: You made that dress? It's so cool! I love it! The style suits your witch girl perfectly!

I tend to prefer sewing for my dolls than buying clothes. Though I have bought quite a few things because my sewing skills are not advanced enough for some of the stuff I would like to make for them. Thank you! I like how the sleeves sit.

(04-30-2019, 04:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Nice job on the dress! It looks properly witchy!

Which is honestly a hard thing to achieve, so I'm glad to hear it! 

(04-30-2019, 09:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Agree, good job!  Finding tiny patterns does present a challenge, especially ones that suit the personality of the doll.

Oh, that is really true. It's a bit easier for the 1:3 scale dolls, but the smaller you go the harder it is. I need to try to sew for the Hujoo nano size, and I'm thinking I might just stick to block colours for the sake of not giving myself a headache over trying to find a pattern in the right scale. 

- - - 

120. Malice
[Image: 49055018_b8ca2f3c2150bd451dbbf8131f56f90c_standard.jpg]
Malice was my very first BeGoth doll, found at a comic convention in Glasgow at a toy trader stand. Initally I had thought she would make a good base for a Wednesday Addams custom - this was prior to me receiving my awesome custom from my friend - but her own look grew on me while I was trying to work out what to use to wipe her face. According to research, she's from the very first series of 12" dolls released by Varner Concepts. 
In my doll-canon, Malice is the youngest of the BeGoth crew and often a very unsure sort of girl. A lot of her uncertainty comes from the fact her elder sister is very much in control of her life and knows what she is doing, while Malice still feels lost when she thinks to the future. Her sister is also very glamorous which can make Malice feel a little uncomfortable, but when it comes down to it, the girls have each others backs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 05-01-2019, 01:24 AM