Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(05-08-2019, 12:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Pika pika, my dear Watson!

So very perfect! Though... Sherlock Holmes never actually said "Elementary, my dear Watson" in the books. The phrase first was used by P.G Wodehouse in the Psmith Journalist in 1915. It then went on to be used in Holmes related media. 

(05-08-2019, 03:02 AM)davidd Wrote: There's a movie, right? Did your dad sneak off to see it on his own?   LOL

There is a movie, yes! It's not due out here till this Friday, though. I think this was just because he knew I've been looking for a Pikachu for my Pokémon plush pile, and I wasn't entirely sold on the Build-a-Bear version. This little guy is far softer at any rate, and there's much more ex.pression in his face. 

(05-08-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: He's really cute.  Now that I've seen a trailer, the live action character looks a bit less weird than I thought from a photo I saw somewhere else, but I wonder if the movie would make any sense at all to someone who has no clue about Pokemon.

Yeah, I will admit my first view of the live action Pokémon did make me hesitant but the designs have grown on me, and I find many of them very appealing - Bulbasaur in particular is just so adorable. That's... actually a good question. I think that it would probably be a bit confusing, but not so much as to render the movie un-enjoyable? I would hope so, anyway. 

(05-08-2019, 04:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: He looks like the one on the ad for the show. Are you going to see the film, too?

He is a surprisingly good replication of the live action design. I am going to see it, actually! I'm quite looking forward to it, feels like it'll be a very enjoyable thing to sit and watch. 

- - - 

128. Angelina Blasphemina
[Image: 49055070_a5ec4d9e8c2b905dfc2462bde36fdb64_standard.jpg]
From series 2. Another eBay win, I actually managed to get her still new in box for a ridiculously low price. However, I do not have the space to keep boxes, I really don't. That and the plastic of the box had yellowed quite a lot, so it wasn't very nice to look at. She strikes me as a very tech-loving girl, and I love her bar-code tattoo, though realistically I can't say I'd ever want one under my eye. Youch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 05-08-2019, 10:59 PM