Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(05-12-2019, 02:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: So pretty! And what a mischievous face she has! Also, her outfit is something I'd love to wear myself.

I get what you mean with Lolita. Things like that make me feel icky, and while I love that family of fashion styles, I'd prefer if it chose a different name for itself, too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a dress like hers for sale in the local alternative clothing store...

Seriously, it's just... bad naming choices >< 

(05-12-2019, 03:28 AM)davidd Wrote: More stripey socks!

Her outfit looks more like that of an old fashioned schoolteacher than of a flirtatious teen temptress.

Stripey socks are a recurring feature in the BeGoth line. It's pretty fun to try to work out how many have stripes somewhere in their design. I have been toying (ha) with the idea of Lolita here being a teacher in my doll-verse - we do have a lot of teenage monsters who need some educating, after all..

(05-12-2019, 07:22 AM)fishy Wrote: I call the style EGL (an acronym for "Elegant Gothic Lolita") when possible, because I hate the name. 

(It once got my doll site flagged for auto takedown as it's one of hyperphps forbidden words...  That war an awkward conversation with tech support!)

I like your acronym, it's a good way to refer to it. And wow, that... yeah. Awkward seems like the key word for that situation...

(05-12-2019, 03:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I agree with the possible bloodshot eye - I thought she was damaged at first glance.

And I'm in agreement with the naming of that particular fahsion style - I like the look, but the name is indelibly linked with the creepy book, so makes me think "ick" instead of "cute" when I first see it.

It's really good to know I'm not the only person who has an issue with the name due to what it's connected with - most of the time when I mention that I tend to get rather blank looks and told that people know the difference. Yeah, they do, but it doesn't change that it's still... creepy. I do have to agree that if you weren't aware that the eye was meant to look like that, you'd think she was damaged. One of those rare times that I wish I had some skills in the face-up area because I think I would try to re-do the eyes somehow.

- - - 

132. Hypnotica Gaze
[Image: 49055145_f282d143a8879ed91e42de6ecf4dcd41_standard.jpg]
Hypnotica Gaze; or the only one who owns a pair of trousers! Seriously. I know the idea was to show the alternative fashions, but considering that I spent most of my teenage years in (and ... still frequently do go to) alternative fashion shops, I can say there were a lot of trousers on offer. And they sat a lot better on a person that Hypnotica's do on her. Seriously, the belt does nothing. I do like her though; her face paint inspired her doll-canon, which is a girl who thinks herself in a constant state of ennui, totally bored by the world and all around her. The reality is she's a little pretentious, but she's a good person when she stops with the airs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 05-12-2019, 11:56 PM