Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(05-21-2019, 12:47 AM)davidd Wrote: Oooh! Frightfully Tall Ghouls!

That 'Alice' Pullip is a cutie.

As for lighting for photos, I picked up a couple of inexƒensive (six dollars USD) desk lamps at Walmart – these ones. I plug them in to an extension cord and move them around as I need them, or hold them up in one hand while holding the camera in the other.

I suspect you do not have Walmart in Scotland, but there must be a cost-conscious equivalent. While you're out shopping for recliner chairs (good-bye, wing chairs  Cry), you might look for el-cheapo desk lamps to supplement your photo lighting.

(While trying to look up "big box stores in Scotland," I instead discovered the "munchy box," which is apparently a thing where you live! Now I want you to snap pix of a munchy box the next time you are out and about!  yay)

( Oh My The exact same desk lamp costs $15 USD on Amazon. An approximately equivalent desk lamp costs £26.99 on Amazon.co.uk, which is, like, $35 USD! Wow! Life is ex-freakin-spensive in Europe!)

((Apparently the UK equivalent of Walmart is ASDA, which is actually owned by Walmart. The ASDA equivalent of the Walmart Mainstays desk lamp is this one, for £7, which is about $9 USD. But... it does not include a bulb! Man, shopping in the UK is not only exßensive, but it is complicated!))

Yup, I only have Frankie and Clawdeen because I couldn't find Draculaura and Elissabat wasn't available in the UK sadly. Or at least she wasn't in any of the places I looked. The Alice Pullip is the Regeneration Series Fantastic Alice and is my first - and thus far only - Pullip. I got her second hand, and she's utterly adorable. Kind of the perfect Alice in my head. 

I do actually have a small LED lamp that works via batteries but that can sometimes cause my pictures to be completely washed out. I will work out something properly soon enough.

(Okay, so I don't actually go near the places that do munchy boxes around but there's variations so I'll see what ones are local to me, lol. Mind you I will say they're really greasy and your stomach needs to be strong for them.)

((Yeaaaaah. Add to that that a lot of stores don't have the stuff in at times, and thanks to Brexit - UGH - prices are going all over the place. It's a confusing little island, this one.))

(05-21-2019, 02:41 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: This makes me crave Classical Mad Hatter. Maybe I'll snatch him if I see him for a good price.

He is one of the most wow Isul releases, IMHO. His eye-chips are just so beautiful. Well worth snatching up. If I was going for any other Wonderland ones it would need to be Steampunk Cheshire and Insane Red Queen. Because they're stunning and your photos make me crave them so much. I just can't find them at good prices ><

(05-21-2019, 12:05 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Fun variety on that shelf!

Ah, I see.  Well, if it didn't come with a manual you can probably find one online.  If you find where to  adjust the white balance, just pick "auto".  
It's a very good idea to find and read the manual.  I bought a manual separately cos my secondhand Pentax didn't come with one... I read some and then just started playing with it... I never got round to reading the whole thing and just tonight I discovered it has a function I wanted but didn't think it had -- just have to find an accessory.  LOL

Yup! I wanted it to have a mixture of sizes and tried to use the space available in a sensible but nice looking way. I will be looking for a manual online, but I'm also just... playing around with it to learn as I go. 

- - -

141. Sewing: Dungarees for Rabbie
[Image: 55061913_20da59a2ecfcc3f1d6790d0ea3b4143f_standard.jpg]
Told you they'd be coming! I did change these ones up a little. The bib is just a single hemmed piece of fabric and the straps are fabric instead of ribbons. I used contrasting thread to top-stitch for some design work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 05-21-2019, 09:39 PM