Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(06-06-2019, 05:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What a colorful bunny family! Ever felt tempted to add Sylvanian Families / Calico Critters to it?

(06-06-2019, 11:28 AM)davidd Wrote: yay  I was looking at a Calico Critters bunny family in a store today and thinking about this photo, and wondering the same thing!

Ha. Well, to both of you the answer is yes and no? Yes, because I think we've all had that moment of looking at something from that line and having that feel of want because, well, they're cute and very well done - I really love the detailed play-sets they have, and have been tempted to get some for my action figures to have some places for them. No because... well, they're actually fairly pricey even on sale, and I have the feeling they would be a collection that would ex.plode quite a bit...

(06-06-2019, 10:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Very interesting collection... I think the green one is my favorite. It has an alien vibe going on.

That was one of the reasons I really liked her myself in the first place! I'm thinking she might need a pair of dungarees herself, short legged ones. Or maybe if I could find some galaxy print fabric, I could lean into the whole alien vibe... Hm, thoughts, thoughts.

- - - 

157. Shiori
[Image: 55662870_e2c1f7bd6c3b8010e6c301790d4536ca_standard.jpg]
Just decided to take some pictures of my Azone grail girl here. I don't think I do her justice, tbh. She's utterly gorgeous.

Things I noticed in trying to have a little mini photo shoot with my dear Shiori? If I don't have her against a light background, she completely washes out.  Also, her hair looked much tidier when I took the picture. Like I said, I don't think I do her proper justice...
Elfy has a set of Sylvania Families foxes, I bought them for him ages ago. And I’ve got a few accessories sets for props for the EAH group - they’re a bit small for the normal Pullips, but are perfect for the mini-size.

Shiori is lovely, and she has striped socks!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Azones are just so cute! I'm stalking releases that come with the emotion body (I can't bring myself to pay that much for a doll with non-bendable wrists, so it's emotion body or nothing), and if a gothy/witchy/steampunky one happens, I'm getting her/him/it!
Your goth-ish Azone girl is adorable.

I can commiserate with you on the hair appearing tidy during the photo-shoot, but being somewhere between messy and a total shambles when actually looking at the photos on a larger screen. Stray hairs take much of the fun out of doll photography for me.

Dolls with high contrast costumes (blacks and whites) and hair-face ratios (black against pale) are challenging to photograph under the best of circumstances because of the way the exposure meters in cameras function. Placing your girl against a neutral grey backdrop seems to work well.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(06-06-2019, 11:33 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Elfy has a set of Sylvania Families foxes, I bought them for him ages ago.  And I’ve got a few accessories sets for props for the EAH group - they’re a bit small for the normal Pullips, but are perfect for the mini-size.

Shiori is lovely, and she has striped socks!

Yeah, the Sylvanian Families sets are just amazingly detailed. 

Striped socks, they're always popping up! 

(06-07-2019, 01:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Azones are just so cute! I'm stalking releases that come with the emotion body (I can't bring myself to pay that much for a doll with non-bendable wrists, so it's emotion body or nothing), and if a gothy/witchy/steampunky one happens, I'm getting her/him/it!

I know there's some steampunk releases coming up, but I think they're a bit pricier than some of them have been. Not sure off-hand. AmiAmi might have them listed. 

Azones are worth the money though, ridiculously cute and the overall quality of them is amazing.

(06-07-2019, 02:57 PM)davidd Wrote: Your goth-ish Azone girl is adorable.

I can commiserate with you on the hair appearing tidy during the photo-shoot, but being somewhere between messy and a total shambles when actually looking at the photos on a larger screen. Stray hairs take much of the fun out of doll photography for me.

Dolls with high contrast costumes (blacks and whites) and hair-face ratios (black against pale) are challenging to photograph under the best of circumstances because of the way the exposure meters in cameras function. Placing your girl against a neutral grey backdrop seems to work well.

Shiori just makes me smile.

There is always that one hair; or more than one in my case. And yes, thank you for that information! 

- - - 

158. Having A Smoke
[Image: 55710514_07f64f03676c7aa94f516f1ddb3fe83a_standard.jpg]
Constantine's got a few bad habits...
The cigarette suits the outfit. Did you make it, or is it an accessory included with the figure?
He looks good when he gives in to his bad habits, though!

The upcoming Alvastaria girl will be on flection body, and I know it might be a petty complaint, but I know I would hate those wrists. I'm an articulation freak. If they were cheaper, I would budge for once, but not when they cost as much as a Pullip. The onely ones that came with the emotion body so far were anime or fashion brand collabs, but I'm sure they'll release something I like with that body soon enough. I'm in no hurry, considering my giant wishlist of other dolls...
I missed a bunch. Shiori's cute, and her hair looks very shiny. I'd never heard of Tea Bunnies. Cute too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(06-08-2019, 02:43 AM)davidd Wrote: The cigarette suits the outfit. Did you make it, or is it an accessory included with the figure?

It was an accessory included, John's a fairly heavy smoker. I just need to be very careful so I don't lose all the little pieces. 

(06-08-2019, 04:49 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He looks good when he gives in to his bad habits, though!

The upcoming Alvastaria girl will be on flection body, and I know it might be a petty complaint, but I know I would hate those wrists. I'm an articulation freak. If they were cheaper, I would budge for once, but not when they cost as much as a Pullip. The onely ones that came with the emotion body so far were anime or fashion brand collabs, but I'm sure they'll release something I like with that body soon enough. I'm in no hurry, considering my giant wishlist of other dolls...

He is a bit of a good looking bugger, isn't he? LOL.

I mean, the PiccoNeemo dolls (like the Lil Fairy line) have articulated wrists, if that helps any?

(06-08-2019, 03:23 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I missed a bunch.  Shiori's cute, and her hair looks very shiny.  I'd never heard of Tea Bunnies.  Cute too.

Azone hair is just really great, and easy to take care of which is a bonus. Tea Bunnies were a line from the early 90's, so a piece of my childhood. 

- - - 

159. A Hujoo Family
[Image: 55021330_93d3bfb7a2f4cefc0ccd8c2eea616208_standard.jpg]
My Hujoo dolls as of May 2019. I would really love to add a Phoebe and an Albu, and maybe a Freyr. But they will depend on finding them really, because they don't seem to pop up as often as I would like in the places I tend to look.
Lvl 9000 cuteness!!!!!!!! I hope you'll be able to find the other ones soon!

Thanks for telling me about PiccoNeemo! But I'll just wait for a cutie on emotion body. If I got a Picco, she would be my only 1/12 doll. She wouldn't have any friends. She would need friends. Fast forward a few months, and I'm drowning in a sea of cute Lil' Fairies eventhough I never had the slightest intention to venture into 1/12 scale... I know myself too well to think I'd be satisfied with just a few LOL
I'm fine with waiting for PureNeemo Emotion one. I have a lot of dolly stuff to do in the meantime wink
Your Hujoos do look like a family. Keep hunting... hopefully you will find the others you'd like.

(06-09-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: If I got a Picco, she would be my only 1/12 doll. She wouldn't have any friends. She would need friends. Fast forward a few months, and I'm drowning in a sea of cute Lil' Fairies eventhough I never had the slightest intention to venture into 1/12 scale...
>ahem< This is what happens with Mini Pullips xp LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(06-09-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Lvl 9000 cuteness!!!!!!!! I hope you'll be able to find the other ones soon!

Thanks for telling me about PiccoNeemo! But I'll just wait for a cutie on emotion body. If I got a Picco, she would be my only 1/12 doll. She wouldn't have any friends. She would need friends. Fast forward a few months, and I'm drowning in a sea of cute Lil' Fairies eventhough I never had the slightest intention to venture into 1/12 scale... I know myself too well to think I'd be satisfied with just a few LOL
I'm fine with waiting for PureNeemo Emotion one. I have a lot of dolly stuff to do in the meantime wink

Keep your fingers crossed for me! eBay has had nothing in a while, and Facebook groups aren't really giving me anything... >< I mean, for the best at the moment since I don't have any free money, but at the same time... siiigh. 

Hehe, I will admit that for little Vel, I do feel the need to try to find another little Picco to be her friend. Not seen one that jumps out at me just yet, but I'm willing to wait. She doesn't seem lonely at the moment, so that gives me time. I hear you on the lot of dolly stuff to do. My want list keeps seeming to get longer...

(06-09-2019, 11:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Your Hujoos do look like a family.  Keep hunting... hopefully you will find the others you'd like.

(06-09-2019, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: If I got a Picco, she would be my only 1/12 doll. She wouldn't have any friends. She would need friends. Fast forward a few months, and I'm drowning in a sea of cute Lil' Fairies eventhough I never had the slightest intention to venture into 1/12 scale... 
>ahem< This is what happens with Mini Pullips  xp  LOL

I would really love to find an Albu and Phoebe since they're different sculpts to the ones I have. I prefer the anthro Hujoo dolls, so, yeah. 

... Actually, I've been wanting to get the mini Panty and Stocking dolls... I do really love that anime. 

- - - 

160. Anthro Dolls
[Image: 55021341_e1c8ab1467f066fa67d743c8f9944a71_standard.jpg]
Just wanted to do a height comparison of them all. So, from left to right 
Freya (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Rabbie (Hujoo Nano Rabi)
Aggie (Petworks Usaggie #037)
Pinkie Cooper (Pinkie Cooper and the Jet-Set Pets)
Victoria (Hujoo Freya)
The B&W + pink scheme makes them look like an idol group!
You need to find some Catwalk Kitties to add to the anthro crüe, both the 12-inch standard size and the 5-inch Petites!
(06-10-2019, 03:22 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The B&W + pink scheme makes them look like an idol group!

... I did not consider that. And now I am having ideas. THANK YOU.

(06-10-2019, 03:24 AM)davidd Wrote: You need to find some Catwalk Kitties to add to the anthro crüe, both the 12-inch standard size and the 5-inch Petites!

I do have some Catwalk Kitties heads around because I was looking to make some Cats customs. I need to get hold of some bodies - I'm thinking MH for articulation reasons. I'm hoping to make a Magical Miss Mistofelees, and a Rum Tum Tugger. 

- - - 

161. Cats and Dogs
[Image: 54523649_6c7f7a488a2a74024017ef0b5ba5b9a9_standard.jpg]
Who says they can't be friends?