Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(07-02-2019, 01:50 AM)davidd Wrote: The face detail is amazing. Many of the newer higher-end figures have uncannily realistic faces and eyes.

I did not realize this figure is an articulated seamless. Is it a TBLeague/Phicen?

Hot Toys have made an art of painting ultra-realistically.

I believe Hot Toys use TBLeague bodies for their seamless figures but I'm not actually sure? I'm sure there's a source somewhere. I will say I'm glad that her outfit is designed to be non-removable - it means I don't need to worry about the accidental potential of the almost fetish like nature of some of these seamless figures. 

(07-02-2019, 02:50 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow.  Gorgeous.  Hot Toys does create amazing detail in their figures.  I hope she's less breakable than my Hot Toys guy...  Congrats on the new addition smile

I do love your Hot Toys Jake Sully, he looks so alien and yet so right for your collection! Diana just makes me smile every time I look at her. 

(07-02-2019, 03:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The armor-bodice looks amazing!

They do a great job in replicating the wrapped leather look of the armour from the film. Seriously, it's one of those figures that you can see why they cost so much - there's so much great detail, and amazing work put into these. 

(07-02-2019, 04:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: Greatly detailed WW. I grew up with the Lynda Carter version, but now I default to Gal Gadot.

Ah, I love the Lynda Carter series! I was really glad to hear that she enjoyed the film - weirdly hearing that felt important? I can't explain why beyond the fact she's was the only live action Wonder Woman for so long. 

(07-02-2019, 07:55 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s stunning.  Congrats on the great deal.

Looking forward - like everyone else - to many more beautiful shots of her

Thank you. I hope my shots do her justice! 

- - - 

183. A Height Comparison
[Image: 56730729_cd1cac128ae693129b4b047b34feb855_standard.jpg]
Just a shot to show how she stands in comparison with other dolls in her scale. What stood out to me when I was taking this shot is how Diana stands out in terms of not being so... fashion doll stick thin. The closest to her is the muscular sculpt of the WWE body, and that looks a lot more stylised. Anyway. So left to right is: Pullip, Obitsu, Disney Store, Hot Toys, WWE Superstar, Original Effect Reborn Body.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 07-02-2019, 09:53 PM