Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(07-17-2019, 11:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: You have excellent taste in both books and shelf -buddies.

(Interesting dolly-mail today involved 2 headless bodies.  I’m going to practice my scalping & beheading when the weather is better & I can sit outside)

Only one shelf of my bookcases lol. I need to actually pack my books away - painting my room soon and I do not want any of them damaged. This is gonna take some time...

(Sounds like a good plan!)

(07-18-2019, 12:22 AM)Jubilee Wrote: @werepuppy That seems a bit weird tbh .-. But makes sense if they sell enough then more merch.I actually liked Brave tbh I don't know why it's considered bad.Better than Frozen in my opinion.Ah the disney fairy movies were fun except it was weird when they gave Tinkerbell a sister still enjoyable movie.

Honestly, from what I understand, the Disney Princess franchise itself was really just cashing in on something that people were already using as a term anyway? Frozen is considered better because it's a return to the format that Disney ex.ploded with in the 90s. Brave is a unqiue take, it's not bad but it's not as great as the usual Pixar fare, and Wreck-It Ralph came out the same year... Merida's still my fave girl, though.

Okay, the giving her a sister thing never made sense to me. As per the book by JM Barrie, and thus the logic Disney still follows, a fairie is born with the first laugh of each new baby. How can a singular first laugh make two fairies? /CONFUSED.

(07-18-2019, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, they look so cool! Guardians of The Library!

Now that is a book series I'd love to read, LOL. Honestly, the shelf was just chosen as height weight it let them all stand easily and back enough I don't need to worry about them toppling off. 

(07-18-2019, 02:16 AM)davidd Wrote: "None shall pass! Books are for losers! Go watch our movies instead!"

Severed kitty heads, scalping and beheading, bodies in the mail: this is turning in to such a grisly discussion!

(I am anxiously awaiting some eyes in the post, myself! It's all rather Bladerunner-ish, isn't it?)

Hm, what if I were to read the comics their movies were based on? Would that be a happy middle. 

The doll and figure hobby: we talk about body parts so often and yet we're really not that creepy.

(And now I want to watch that. It's been a while.)

(07-18-2019, 08:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Will be interesting to see what you do for customs.  Have fun!

I need to get bodies in for them. I'm thinking Monster High ones for the posability. 

(07-18-2019, 12:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: I quite liked Brave, but I like most Disney/Pixar things. Technically Mulan isn’t a princess, but she’s part of the line. Poor Eilonwy, shame her film sucked. Kiva’s an actual princess, too and she never gets a mention, either. Unfortunately Atlantis, The Lost World also wasn’t a smash hit.

Mulan gets in because - adjusted for inflation - her movie was enough of a hit. Also representation and diversity. There's a couple of others who should be in it, but aren't, I'll see if I can find anything. 

- - - 

199. Scottish Arse Kicker
[Image: 57377926_a837fe2862435d9cdf78f50f409b49ff_standard.jpg]
Decided to see how Merida would look in the steam punk wrestling gear. It's a good look.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 07-19-2019, 12:39 AM