Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(08-04-2019, 12:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They make a very nice army! The Hot Toys one is exquisite, but I like the FoD's outfit the best.

I only wish her trousers weren't just molded plastic... 

(08-04-2019, 02:26 AM)davidd Wrote: A... Solo version?   LOL 

This is quite interesting seeing the three versions from three manufacturers in a direct comparison shot.

Their belts are all pretty cool!

If only that wasn't a surname in this verse, there's so many potential jokes LOL.

I'm not actually sure which company made the Disney Store one, it was only marked Disney Store. 

In terms of belts, the Hot Toys version is quite thin feeling? The Hasbro version is probably going to be the best in terms of long term wear. 

(08-04-2019, 10:49 AM)Elfy Wrote: You need a Pop! Rey to complete the collection.

You ... are probably right. I should have added my S.H. Figuarts Rey to this line up but she would look so tiny in comparison to them all...

(08-04-2019, 12:15 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Interesting comparison.  I've seen a variety of figures that looked pretty good until I saw the Hot Toys version, and then "wow".  Again I'm curious about the durability of other Hot Toys vs. Jake... does she seem fairly sturdy?

I think Hot Toys tend to win on the "wow" factor every time - I've rarely seen one of their figures out done. I would say Rey seems fairly sturdy, yeah. She's on the TrueType body with visible articulation so that means I don't have that worry of accidentally doing something wrong. Then again, there's the whole making sure I don't bend too much because plastic can be weakened over time. 

(Actually, your Jake is the only Avatar themed Hot Toys I've ever seen...)

(08-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Nice comparisions between the 3 figures - such a difference in their faces & outfits.

It's always really interesting to me to see how the same character can be interpreted in what is basically the same scale. It can be such a huge difference. 

- - - 

216. Hot Toys Comparison
[Image: 58193646_2224aa0c5293e4c94ee45fdbb6267199_standard.jpg]
Just comparing my two Hot Toys. More in terms of body types. Diana is on what I believe to be a TBLeague seamless figure, while Rey is on a TrueType body with double joints at knees and elbows. The seamless body is heavier due to the steel skeleton internal jointing, and personally I find it harder to pose. But that could be because I'm not used to it, yet.

Most notable thing here is the height difference which feels very true for the characters - Diana is an Amazon, she should be really tall. They're both really amazing figures, and I consider myself so lucky to have them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 08-04-2019, 07:22 PM