Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(08-06-2019, 02:07 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ooo, ooo, I know this one, I know this one!!! Everybody Wants to Be a Cat is my favorite Disney song!

That is such a fun song! 

(08-06-2019, 03:16 AM)davidd Wrote: O'Malley the Alley Cat, featuring the vocal stylings of the inimitable Phil Harris.

O'Malley is not entirely in his element when wearing a starched collar and necktie.

He's really not, but he'll put up with it for the Duchess. 

(08-06-2019, 03:57 PM)Elfy Wrote: Loved that film as a kid, does this mean we get Disney’s Robin Hood (the best version committed to film) next?

(08-06-2019, 06:24 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ooh, I hope the next Disney figurines are from Robin Hood, it’s been fun seeing all the others so far.

Nice comparisons of the two Hot Toys figures, like others said, they do look in proportion even given the height difference.

I don't actually have any Robin Hood Bullyland figures. I have looked but they've proved hard to find.

Thank you! 

- - - 

218. Oh-De-Laly
[Image: 58286461_26f752ed38f14b6729ab575802c5b44b_standard.jpg]
Because I didn't have a Bullyland figure, I took a picture of my Robin Hood bean bag!
Robin Hood and Little John a-runnin' through the forest
Oh de lally, oh de lally, golly what a day

That song has been rattling around in my head since I saw the movie when I was a little kid and resurfaces with fair regularity at random moments.

Prince John the Phony King of Ennnggggland comes to mind quite often, as well.

And... Phil Harris again! Plus... Roger Miller! (Roger Miller was a very popular and successful country & western music recording star in the U.S. for a decade or so. He virtually disappeared in the years following Robin Hood, but then, in the several years prior to his death, resurged to prominence by writing the score to the hit Broadway musical, Big River.)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Aaaand in the dark again...

My favorite adaptation of Robin Hood is Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
I've seen lots of images from the movie but don't recall I ever saw the whole thing. I have seen "The Aristocats" a couple of times -- it was cute. You have quite a fun collection of movie characters.
Is that "King of the Road" Roger Miller?
Hmm, maybe will have to get this movie from the library too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-07-2019, 09:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote:  
Is that "King of the Road" Roger Miller?

Yes, "King of the Road" Roger Miller is the narrator and one of the characters in Disney's animated Robin Hood.
Alan A’ Dale, I believe. Peter Ustinov and Terry Thomas were also in it. It was an impressive voice cast for the time.
(08-07-2019, 03:11 AM)davidd Wrote: Robin Hood and Little John a-runnin' through the forest
Oh de lally, oh de lally, golly what a day

That song has been rattling around in my head since I saw the movie when I was a little kid and resurfaces with fair regularity at random moments.

Prince John the Phony King of Ennnggggland comes to mind quite often, as well.

And... Phil Harris again! Plus... Roger Miller! (Roger Miller was a very popular and successful country & western music recording star in the U.S. for a decade or so. He virtually disappeared in the years following Robin Hood, but then, in the several years prior to his death, resurged to prominence by writing the score to the hit Broadway musical, Big River.)

Seriously! A lot of the songs from the so-called "Scratchy Era" (as coined by the Unshaved Mouse) of Disney animation are ridiculously catchy, and just tend to reoccur in the mind when you least ex.pect it. Robin Hood has a lot of little ditties that just... keep popping into my head and I can never guess when it'll happen. I don't think I've seen this one in a while either, so I might need to go looking for it...

It's fun looking into the recurring voice actors that Disney used in films - Phil Harris is one that had major roles in about... three films, I believe? Baloo, Little John, and O'Malley. 

(08-07-2019, 04:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aaaand in the dark again...

My favorite adaptation of Robin Hood is Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Ah! I love that film! Not seen it in so long but damn, I love it. (And now I have that song in my head!)

Disney's Robin Hood is one of those ones where they had anthropormorphic animals as the leads. There was a running joke around the time of Zootopia being released that Nick Wilde was a descendant of Robin and Marian, and I believe there was even fan-art. I think there may have even been a joking comment of agreement on the connection from one of the creators but I could be wrong. I'd need to trawl TVTropes to see if the link is still there and I do not have time to lose at the moment, LOL. 

(08-07-2019, 09:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I've seen lots of images from the movie but don't recall I ever saw the whole thing.  I have seen "The Aristocats" a couple of times -- it was cute.  You have quite a fun collection of movie characters.  
Hmm, maybe will have to get this movie from the library too.

I think if you're wanting figures of more 'obscure' Disney characters, Bullyland is definitely the way to go. Even with the relatively new rebranding of the official Disney Stores, and the introduction of lines that are aimed at adults and are thus featuring older films, there's still a few that haven't been touched for merchandise. (Look, last Halloween, they were releasing stuff for Hocus Pocus. The coporate giant are very slowly getting to grips with the facts that it's not going to harm them to acknowledge their 'cult classics')

I would say pick this one up! It's been a while since I saw it last, but from what I remember, it's quite a fun little romp. 

(08-07-2019, 04:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: Alan A’ Dale, I believe. Peter Ustinov and Terry Thomas were also in it. It was an impressive voice cast for the time.

Oh, it really was. Disney do have an impressive history for their voice casts. 

- - - 

219. Sekiguchi Momoko Sweet Poodle
[Image: 58330900_1f3eeb8e96465a9ed5b67cf8d10361d8_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 7th August 2019

An early birthday gift, and isn't she just gorgeous? This is a Momoko from 2005, and to me she's the perfect doll version of Momoko Ryugasaki from Kamikaze Girls, so that's who she is around here. She is just a stunning little thing, and I am so thankful to get her as a gift. She was a second hand find on eBay hence why I was able to get her. 

Fun fact? She comes with an actual stand. Like, proper metal one. Works pretty well, actually.
Aww, she's adorable! And yes, she does look like that character!
A very cute Momoko! Congratulations on both your birthday and your fine, fun birthday gift!
Sweet birthday bday gift, I don’t know the anime she’s from so can’t cool moment in the accuracy, but I like her outfit.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-08-2019, 12:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aww, she's adorable! And yes, she does look like that character!

Thank you ^^

(08-08-2019, 02:53 AM)davidd Wrote: A very cute Momoko! Congratulations on both your birthday and your fine, fun birthday gift!

Thanks smile

(08-08-2019, 07:17 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Sweet birthday bday gift, I don’t know the anime she’s from so can’t cool moment in the accuracy, but I like her outfit.

Kamikaze Girls isn't actually an anime. It's a novel - later became a live action film. It's about the friendship between a Lolita fanatic - Momoko - and a delinquent bike enthusiast - Ichiko. I highly recommend it, it's one of those films that are just perfectly done. 

- - - 

220. Lady and the Tramp
[Image: 58366720_fcdfd1bd557219523611a931e615b965_standard.jpg]
I've seen Lady and the Tramp, but I don't really remember it...

Will you do a group photo of all your Disney figures? It's quite a collection!
I'm glad you managed to interpret my auto-filled answer (I typed it on the phone & didn't realise until now that it had done that.)

Lady & the Tramp is a nice pair - I 2nd Neon's request for a group shot of the Disney figs, it's a great collection.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Lady & the Tramp was a cute movie. Yes, it would be fun to see your whole collection.
Auto-correct... I often use dictation when I have to write something on my phone & it amazes me sometimes what it thinks I said. I thought I was more articulate LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-08-2019, 11:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I've seen Lady and the Tramp, but I don't really remember it...

Will you do a group photo of all your Disney figures? It's quite a collection!

Lady and the Tramp is an interesting one, I think. As I've been photographing these figures, I've kind of realised how many Disney films I should rewatch sometime soon... Dolly Market Disney Watch-Along, anyone?

I think I would like to try to do a group photograph! I'll need to try to find my risers to make it all look nice though.

(08-08-2019, 11:34 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I'm glad you managed to interpret my auto-filled answer (I typed it on the phone & didn't realise until now that it had done that.)

Lady & the Tramp is a nice pair - I 2nd Neon's request for a group shot of the Disney figs, it's a great collection.

Auto-fill is both helpful and a great annoyance. I'm not actually sure how many of us stand it. 

I'm hoping to be able to do a nice group photo.

(08-09-2019, 02:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Lady & the Tramp was a cute movie.  Yes, it would be fun to see your whole collection.
Auto-correct...  I often use dictation when I have to write something on my phone & it amazes me sometimes what it thinks I said.  I thought I was more articulate LOL

Nine times out of ten, if my setences look really weird on here? It's because I've used my phone or tablet to write my comment on, and auto-fill/auto-correct has decided I clearly didn't mean what I was trying to say. Thanks, that feature. 

- - - 

221. Great Mouse Detective
[Image: 58418298_c4cf3257db25cc1b581c4ea1e581a8c9_standard.jpg]