Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I was speaking to a gentleman from the UK just yesterday, and he was wearing a "California" t-shirt with "California" written in similar rainbow hues.
Two examples should be enough to suggest a stereotype of all British people having a weird obsession with "progressive" California culture, right?
What's up with this?

There was a time when California meant "motion pictures" and "Hollywood." Then it came to be represented by "car culture," hot rods and the like. Then it became known for "surf culture." Then there came the "Summer of Love" and everybody went to San Francisco with flowers in their hair.

I guess nowadays everybody in the UK thinks of California as being some kind of liberal, progressive, high-tech 21st-Century version of a giant hippie commune. Except, the hippies are all rich and drive Tesla cars and live in glass mansions overlooking the ocean while espousing a "carbon neutral" lifestyle.

LOL Tongue yay

If neon_jellyfish had not pointed it out, I probably would also have assumed with a glance that Bette was wearing a Narnia shirt. That looks like a lion on the front, and at first glance it's the letters "... nia" that stand out.

I like that word: "Califonarnia." You could probably make some money designing logos and emblems and such... and putting them on t-shirts... and selling them to people from the UK.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Cell Phone, more like.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by davidd - 08-23-2019, 04:09 AM