Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(08-23-2019, 04:30 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Not to quash your British-people-being-obsessed-with-California right off the bat, but I'm pretty sure the doll is wearing this Barbie shirt/ dress:  

Okay, I am genuinely impressed by that quick I.D. of the specific clothing item!

Barbie is the quintessential California Girl, originating in Hawthorn, California. Mattel actually used to make many of their products in California. Back before, y'know, California became all ultra-whatever-it-is and pretty much banned all forms of manufacturing and started requiring a "This Product Causes Cancer" warning label on every single thing that is made or sold there.

Califonarnia, though... I really want to see that now.

Wait... now I'm confused. Isn't Bette a larger scale figure? How could that Barbie top fit her?

Anyway, out of a million different Barbie outfits, Bette is choosing to wear a Barbie top with "California" written in rainbow lettering, just like the lettering on the shirt the British guy I was talking to yesterday was wearing. So I stand by my stereotypical mischaracterization. (The guy wearing the t-shirt was not wearing a bowler hat, which I found disappointing.  Tongue )
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by davidd - 08-23-2019, 04:52 AM