Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(08-31-2019, 12:58 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hooray for another brave warrior joining the team that babysits The Emo-est of Edgelords!

This one is even better at it - he babysat the emo-est of edgelord's grandfather, the most extra man in the galaxy! (I will - one day - have a 6" Anakin figure. Or Vader. Believe it or not, they're surprisingly hard to find before scalpers get them and raise the prices on the aftermarket.)

(08-31-2019, 03:42 AM)davidd Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to capture a Snorlax without waking it up? I thought the tag line was "Gotta Catch 'Em All," not "Gotta Fight 'Em All."

Perhaps video distribution will be better post-Brexit. LOL Tongue LOL 

So, there's a "Young Obi-Wan" series in the works? I liked him best when he was a mysterious old hermit with only a few mostly-forgotten myths about his past. Give us a show about some other Jedi, maybe, but not Obi-Wan. There were hundreds of 'em, you know. (My whining kinda illustrates the comment I left on your Life in the Room post today, huh?)

Mostly due to the sheer size and bulk of it, no. 

Oh, don't. Our new PM has elected to close Parliament down so that we will be forced to leave on the due date without a deal. Courts and MPs are trying to oppose it but /shrug. Doll boards aren't the place to get into it all but all the rage faces, basically.

I think it's probably during the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan is one of the few aspects of the prequel trilogy that most people agree is actually quite good, so there was fan want for him to continue in the role. I do think there will be some other Jedi stuff - there's always hope that they will do something for Knights of the Old Republic

(08-31-2019, 09:50 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Q-posket Merida looks very cute.  They've certainly come out with a lot more figures since I first heard of them.  Snorlax looks like he would be a good pillow, and I have to agree that it's probably easier to catch something that's sleeping... xp
Also it does seem strange to see a young Obi-Wan, but I'm out of touch with the latest movies and so on.

I have to agree on that, actually. I looked up and there's been a Q-Posket of Esmeralda, and Jane and other characters I would not necessarily think of for the line. (Speaking of characters I wouldn't think of... Esmeralda and Meg of all people are getting dolls in the Disney Store designer line this year. Due out in October. They're pretty.) 

Can confirm that Snorlax is a good pillow. 

Again, it's largely because Ewan McGregor was liked a lot in the role. Fans wanted to see him back. 

- - - 

243: A Trio of Momoko
[Image: 59364442_02acdb0f5a31b8bcaed741b85df1c39d_standard.jpg]
Just thought it would be nice to see all three of my Sekiguchi Momokos together. What's especially interesting to me is that the doll in the middle is from 2005, while the other two are from 2016 and 2017 respectively and there is no difference in the bodies or articulation in that time gap. It does seem to be more of a case of "if it isn't broke" with them. That being said, rotational wrists would be nice, as Momokos are just hinge-joints there. 

Still, I think myself very fortunate to have these three, and I'm grateful that I do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 08-31-2019, 11:03 PM