Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(09-03-2019, 11:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: You have some glorious toys / dolls / etc.

I’m really liking these Special Edition Villains selection, (and am finding it amusing that Peter Pan is featured with Hook, as he’s not exactly the hero of the story either, no matter what he think )

Ah, thank you so much! 

Well, Disney class Peter as a hero though... I fully agree with you on that point. I mean, kind of one of the messages of the book in a way - childhood innoence does not necessarily equal all round goodness - but Disney, y'know. 

(09-04-2019, 12:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Captain Hook has the best ex³pression!!!

(09-03-2019, 11:09 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Miss Queen of Hearts would like to say to some people that elegance can be more rewarding than looking insane... Just saying. 

Hmmm, is she implying that some people aren't elegant? We might want to keep that one a secret LOL

He really is one of the more characterful face-sculpts that was introduced with this range - and they actually had a few. It's interesting to me how in animation the heroes are rarely allowed to be as ex.pressive as their villains. This isn't even a per company thing - it just seems to happen a lot over animation in general. 

Miss Queen of Hearts is simply saying. It is not her fault what some people make take from it.

(09-04-2019, 02:59 AM)davidd Wrote: Another nice set to probably keep boxed... although I would find myself tempted to try Hook's pirate outfit on every similar-sized doll and figure I own!

Again, it's really a thing that Disney often do their limited/designer dolls in nice boxes that help for the displaying of the pieces. This is one of the only two sets I would like to have been able to buy a double of, though, just so I could debox it and use some of the costuming pieces - I think Hook's coat would look fantastic on my Original Effect Teenie Body. 

(09-04-2019, 06:11 PM)Elfy Wrote: Marissa Meyer hasn’t done a spin on Peter Pan (her take on Wonderland: Heartless is excellent, though), Alice Henry did a fairly good version of the Peter Pan legend in Lost Boy.

Do you mean Christina Henry? If so, you just named two authors I do enjoy the works of! 

- - - 

247: Hot Toys The Last Jedi Kylo Ren
[Image: 59542533_54336256adaf1b8f6c91cd33ff94d07b_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 3rd September 2019

A brief interlude from the posting of Disney limited dolls. A few weeks ago I looked at my savings jars and saw I had the required amount for one of the items I had been saving for, which was this guy here. I got very lucky in that I found him still in stock on the site I had originally checked, and even luckier that he had been discounted from that inital price check. A further piece of luck was that he was the last one in stock. 

So, yeah, the Emoest of Edgelords is among us. This'll be fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 09-05-2019, 12:31 AM