Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(10-03-2019, 02:20 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Catty is such a striking doll!

She really is! She's one of the rare ones where the choice to use pink does make sense - it stands out so well against her darker skin. She's one that you can't skip by. 

(10-03-2019, 03:19 PM)davidd Wrote: Nice work with her hair. The hair on all my MH dolls has totally frizzed out to the point where I don't even want to bother with them anymore.

Classy and elegant stance, too. Very stylish, very model-esque.

For hair, I have a secret: I use braid spray. I had seen it being mentioned on American Girl doll related blogs, and decided to get a bottle to see if it would work for MH to stop the sticky feeling from glue leakage. It does help a bit - not as good as the tea tree oil method but enough - and it's great for when you find a doll with really frizzed out hair in a charity shop because it doesn't mean you need to pass it by. This is the brand I use, and I also use a comb or brush that has metal teeth as that's better for synthetic fibres. Just spray and comb and no more frizz! 

The stance is one I've seen a lot of female celebs being posed in, so I figured it would be one that would be familiar to Catty as a pop idol. 

- - - 

276: Leader of the Tribe
[Image: 60686394_6267c26a9aa91147e69f3c6457212fe8_standard.jpg]
A portrait snap of my Munkustrap custom. I am really pleaed with how well the MH body matches the tone of the head - it's just very seamless. 

Oh, these heads? Really tough vinyl, you need to soften them in boiling water - 15-20 seconds is enough - to pop them on the body.  

Munkustrap is the leader of the Jellicle Cats. Well, sort of, the leader is actually Old Deuteronomy. Munkustrap is the eldest child, and thus the default leader.  She's a responsible sort, and looks out for anyone under her care. In the Room she is joined by her younger sister, the Rum Tum Tugger, who affectionately calls her "Munks."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 10-03-2019, 10:53 PM