Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(10-10-2019, 11:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Another great match! I'm starting to wonder whether Lanard matched their colors to MH on purpose...

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact the heads are from older dolls, I would think so. I'm surprised they didn't try re-launching the dolls during the MH boom, so to speak. They would have sold well, even if just for people looking to customise.

(10-11-2019, 02:04 AM)davidd Wrote: The original Catwalk Kitties pre-dated Monster High by at least a couple of years.

Now, these Made-in-China Catwalk Kitty heads are being marketed to fit Monster High bodies: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985799567.html

(Or, to be precise, "for moster body high".  sly )

Perfect rebody for the "Chase" head!

Not that surprised, truth be told. Even now MH still holds a level of popularity for customising and the werecats were among some of the best selling characters they had. 

Ah! I wonder how you know all the stock names for these heads - I can't seem to find anything online. A few old blog posts, but nothing solid.

(10-11-2019, 08:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Oh, cute!

Thank you ^^

(10-11-2019, 10:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Interesting to see another line of dolls besides Pullips where rebodying is such a 'thing'.  She's cute.  The original didn't have a tail??

I think rebodying is a thing across a ton of different types of dolls, though admittedly I have seen it most often among Pullips. I think it's a mix of looking for articulation - and MH dolls did have great articulation - and maybe just wanting a different look for the dolls. I think the originals had a tail, I was just meaning that some of my rebodies have lost their tails because I'm grabbing dolls from charity shops and the like, LOL.

(10-11-2019, 12:22 PM)davidd Wrote: The 5-inch "Petite" versions had hard plastic tails. 

You know, I've never actually seen the "Petite" dolls? I will need to go google searching. 

- - - 

284: New Boots
[Image: 60944612_8a77e2daaaef8a622ca0681e66b824ba_standard.jpg]
Mildred finally has the required black boots for attending Cackles Academy. They're properly stompy as well. She's a witch right down to her boots!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 10-11-2019, 11:14 PM