Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(10-18-2019, 11:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's one chic Elphaba! Maybe a bit too pretty, but I can't hold that against her. She's awesome!

Oh she really is too pretty, but she is meant to be based on the musical so... 

(10-19-2019, 02:18 AM)davidd Wrote: Spectacular costume! Are there traces of red and silver amid the black? With a separate cape?

You have an emotional connection to this character? Based on... your shared enjoyment of setting scarecrows on fire? Or keeping flying monkeys as minions?
(Now I'm picturing flying monkeys circling the manor house out there on the windblown moors.)

Yes, and yes! Though part of the cape is sewn on at one shoulder so it can't be completely seperated.

LOL, no. It would be more accurate to say I have a connection to the book. In my senior years of school, part of your overall grade for English was to pick a book and write an essay on themes contained therein. I picked Wicked, and wrote about the presentation of good and evil within the narrative and how it connected to Elphaba as a character. I got one of the highest grades in my year group overall. Just... The connection is due to the fact that my English teacher that year was deliberately marking me down, and basically trying to bully me out of the class. So, yeah, smug satisfaction that I did it, and there's been a connection to the green girl since. 

(Though of course, I have wolves, not flying monkeys Tongue )

(10-19-2019, 09:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, she is quite a dark green.  She looks nicely detailed.  Do you have to worry about colourfasting for a black outfit on a green doll, or does she not suffer from this more-usually-Pullip infirmity?

She is nicely detailed, and I do quite like the darker green of her. I'm not sure if there will be an issue regarding staining but I don't ever plan on redressing her from this outfit. 

(10-19-2019, 06:39 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Pretty Sindy free from her box.  And she had Pudsley on her T-shirt (the Children in Need bear).

Thank you, and yes she did! This Sindy was released to raise money for Children in Need back in the day. I think about nearly £2 of her overall price went directly to the charity. 

- - - 

292: Kyoto Oren Susie
[Image: 61214350_af68e9922b06fa93d719503fe8de3bf2_standard.jpg]
Susie dolls were from a company called R&D - named after the creators Rudi Teruel and David Wu. She was an 11.5" fashion doll first released in 2003, and was one of the few of the time to be fully jointed with 14 points of articulation. Jason Wu and Integrity Toys helped in producing the dolls, and she eventually joined Integrity's Dynamite Girls line. 

This particular version of Susie is the Kyoto Oren, released towards the end of 2004. She was available in two versions - dark hair with white kimono, or blonde with black kimono.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 10-20-2019, 12:52 AM