Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(10-22-2019, 12:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Really, Dorothy? Murdering someone because of a stolen shoe is grossly disproportionate self-defence! Although I guess it would classify as a manslaughter (witchslaughter?) rather than murder in this particular case, as it wasn't Dorothy's intention to downright kill the witch...

Dorothy had no control of the house, she would point out. And she was very, very scared... But you're right.

(10-22-2019, 01:06 AM)davidd Wrote: You murdered the Wicked Witch of the East. Then you stole her shoes. Makes you sound like one of those gang members who will kill somebody for their Nikes and Rolex.

Then you murdered the Wicked Witch of the West. It sounds like a gangland vendetta against one particular family.

Then you unmasked the benevolent dictatorship of the Wizard who kept things running smoothly, which will no doubt send the entire Land of Oz spiraling in to chaos, anarchy, and civil war.

You are a wanton killer, dear, and a menace to society as a whole. That's what you did.

Dorothy: ... Oh. 

All good points, all very good points. 

(10-22-2019, 03:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: Like most things, the book and the film are two very different beasts. You’d probably enjoy the TV show Emerald City, very loosely based on Baum’s concept.

Ooh, I liked that show.

- - - 

295: "Fine, Call Me Fred"
[Image: 61301255_a79b32e256b04e81314e89f17c0dcd7c_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 14th October 2019

Mrs Who from A Wrinkle in Time. When I saw this doll, I immediately thought of the Time Lord High Council - it's the collar - and knew she had to be part of my collection somehow. Thanks to a deep discount due to a damanged box, I now have her.

So, who is she? Well, clearly she's Lady President Romanadvoratrelundar. We all call her Romana, for short.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 10-22-2019, 11:34 PM