Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(10-25-2019, 02:41 AM)davidd Wrote: What an elegant new arrival to The Room! Congratulations on the classy, stylish addition to your collection!

Thank you! I just need to think up a good name for her, because... yeah she needs a name. Clarice keeps popping to mind...

(10-25-2019, 02:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love silkstones! I don't own any (and don't plan to), but I love their vintage faces! Congrats on your new beauty! Can't wait to see her interacting with other Room inhabitants!

I had never planned to own a Silkstone - they were pretty but the lack of articulation put me off. The faces always appealed though, I think I just like the vintage face a lot. And then I find out they brought out an articulated body. ... Yeaaaah. There's at least one other I would like, but these ones are not cheap. Not sure what her vibe will be just yet in the Room, but I'm sure it will come to me! 

(10-25-2019, 11:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new arrivals.  At least at this display size, the witch looks cute and happy and not wicked at all.  Silkstone girl is very elegant.

Honestly, she's got that vibe in person too. While she's not got the standarised beauty of most Barbie dolls, there's still a lot of attractive features in her face. I'm pretty sure her relatively unique sculpt could probably be a great base for repainters. And thank you! 

(10-25-2019, 12:02 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She looks stunningly elegant!  And a beautiful face too.

Ooh, totally jealous of meeting Mary Tamm - closest I’ve ever gotten to a Dr Who person is the writer Paul Cornell.  Totally star-struck & couldn’t actually say a word.  Elfy thought it was hysterical as I could quite happily chat to more well-known authors at the same con.  (It was Worldcon in London a few years back)

The vintage faces, they just seem to have a lasting appealing.

Oh she was a lovely person. Also how awesome you met Paul Cornell! I hope that con was fun - not one I've ever been too, personally. 

- - - 

298: Grizabelle, the Glamour Cat
[Image: 61419241_b048331d7fbff982bc8d316ae730480f_standard.jpg]
One of my Cats customs! She's the fancy one, LOL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 10-26-2019, 02:42 AM