Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(11-19-2019, 02:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I don't really keep an eye on Barbie, so I didn't know about jeans being such a rarity! Despite all the skincolors and bodyshapes they've been doing lately, the core of Barbie didn't change all that much, I guess...

I think it's more that dresses do just tend to be easier overall for changing around on smaller scales but... yeaaaah.

(11-19-2019, 07:32 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Jeans are a sad rarity in the Ken fashion packs, too-- it's frequently shorts, even when the tops aren't particularly summer-y/ warm weather-y. Very annoying!

Sid looks cute.

Can we get weather appropriate fashion packs? That would be cool! 

(11-19-2019, 09:09 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm surprised about the jeans.  Hard to find locally, I assume you mean?  There are tons on eBay for cheap.  
I don't recall, is that a stock MTM head or did you customize somewhat?

Locally / currently, as in made to fit more current body shapes for Mattel. The older ones can be ill-fitting in a very noticable way.

Sid is a Fashionista head on a MTM body. Not the best for skin tone match, if I am honest, but it photographs decently. I like being able to pose, and there's only ... well one brand I let away with the old body style and that's just BeGoths.

(11-19-2019, 02:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: Your comment about cute camouflage made me think of Claudia, the child vampire in Interview with a Vampire and gave me a shudder.

It's a terrifying thing and entirely plausible, so ... yeah. Big thing.

- - - 

323: More Traditional Witching
[Image: 62393032_b8d30003c4ba0c67db6056bfaf52280c_standard.jpg]
This time Matilda is wearing the dress from the 2007 Pink Label Wicked Witch of the West. Though the hat is sewn to the head on that doll, hence why Matilda doesn't have it on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 11-20-2019, 03:58 AM