Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(12-15-2019, 12:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Azone redhead Heart

Congrats, she's a real cutie!

Thank you! I'm so glad I managed to get her at a reasonable price - I missed her original pre-order and a lot of the second hand prices have been kind of eye-watering.

(12-15-2019, 02:35 AM)davidd Wrote: She's adorable! Story-bookish and slightly steampunk-ish... and just plain cuuuute!

I did deliberately try to mimic the pose on the front cover of the book.

(12-15-2019, 08:53 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: I LOVE Anne of the Green Gables.
Unfortunately, the dolls are either ugly as sin, or out of what I can afford right now. I want either that Azone or the Pullip. But man, those prices... X_X

[pic snipped for reply length size]

There she is, the Anne of my childhood, in perfect doll form! Heart

The picture lead me to a Twitter page that was in Japanese. I had to Google-translate the bits so that it lead me to what it was:
Takara Tomy Liccarize Anne of Green Gables Shirley Doll 40th Anniversary.

Original price was at Kikipop level, meaning 25K yen.
And for now, the cheapest option on Ebay is 400$US plus shipping....

Man, this hobby can be torture from times to times.

I have to agree on the majority of Anne dolls not being... well, very Anne. I got really luck with the Azone in that she popped up at an affordable price (in comparison to a lot of what she usually goes for.) I really love the look of the Pullip as well but... yeaaaah.

And, oh gosh, that Takara Liccarize is the most utterly perfect Anne. She even looks a little bit like the girl who plays the famous red-head in Anne With An E. This hobby, man, this is hobby is hard. 

(12-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She's cute, werepuppy.  Is the book the original or abridged?  Have you read many of the spin-offs, sequels, etc.?

The book is original, and I have read the sequels, yeah. I've also seen a few of the adaptations - including the movies from 1935 and 1940. I think the Megan Fellows films will always stand out in my mind as bein the best Anne adaptation though that's probably from nostalgia moe than anything.

(12-15-2019, 06:14 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: He’s really enjoying his variety of tea there!

It was a cold day and the tea helped a lot! 

(12-15-2019, 06:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Anne Shirley is one of my favourite book characters ever!  And your version is cute, and I also really want the Pullip - but like you, not at that price sad

She is a fantastic character. And yeah, the Pullip has sky-rocketed in price >< 

- - - 

352: Cuteness
[Image: 63641733_e97cdfc9bb506374ba361bce1befbd5e_standard.jpg]
Vel decided to cuddle up with Flaps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 12-16-2019, 01:18 AM