Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(12-17-2019, 02:21 AM)davidd Wrote: It's always fun to see a shelfie, particularly a shelfie of your varied and eccentric crew.

Is that Ophelia at the lower right? That's not Gaston she's sitting with. This could get messy!

Thank you. 

Gaston doesn't fit properly on the shelf Messy is an Addams Family thing. They do messy well...

(12-17-2019, 03:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Shelfies for the win!!!!!!!!

On the topic of Ophelia's shelf-colleague - ditching Gaston for V is a no-brainer. Of course, ditching Gaston should be a no-brainer regardless of whether there's someone else or not...

Lol, weirdly I only picked up that doll because he was on sale at the store and I thought with his hair and outfit he would make a good friend to Momoko. I may have to reconsider things...

(12-17-2019, 06:31 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: So with you on ditching Gaston for Anything Else (including the Anything being Nothing).

Such a variety of people on the shelf there.

Gaston is going to be so annoyed to realise people are encouraging Ophelia to ditch him...

I like having a mix. Though that being said I do have a shelf that is all green witches... (I'll pic take that I think.)

(12-17-2019, 11:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: A fun shelf(ie) LOL

They certainly did take some ridiculous "artistic license" (?).  But yes, it was "oddly fun".  And I also had fun spotting all the anachronisms in the dialogue.  I get it that they wanted to make it relevant to young audiences today, but, some of the words they used were just no way in use during that period.  A careful writer can find alternatives that still make sense...  Tongue

Thank you! 

See I am one of those who does not mind the use of contemporary language in historical based things so long as it works well. Reign tended to jump around a lot tone wise for that... 

(12-17-2019, 03:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: Interesting collection of dolls and books. I saw some of Jim Hines’ Princess series there. About to do a reread of that in the new year.

My shelves will probably get re-organised again following the New Year. I know I want to re-arrange the hardbacks at least... I've got four of Jim Hines' Princess books - not sure if there's more...

- - - 

354: Potential New Friendship

[Image: 63719969_c32708f1d1fb759c1c160850e7a771ba_standard.jpg]
"Hi, I'm Vel!"
"Basil Vincent." 
"I like your top, do you play a lot of sports?" 
"...It was the only one that really fit..."
"Oh. ... Do you want to go watch a film?" 
"Yeah, alright."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 12-18-2019, 12:48 AM