PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2019* (#.....52!! Dec. 24)
Lovely addition to Rachel’s portfolio, orchids are beautiful too
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you, everybody! yay

(01-24-2019, 01:44 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I've never had any luck keeping orchids alive through the dry indoor winter months.
Mine are on south and east windowsills and get watered every 5 days, and fertilized every couple or 3 waterings.  They seem to be happy with that -- all 23 of them! I wish I had a sunroom though.

Today we're celebrating the wee little mini who kind of by accident, started this whole doll thing!  I am thankful I found her and thankful for the dolly community and the friends I've met through it.

[Image: 33035763618_4152971c99_o.jpg]
"It's my BIRTHDAY!!  Look what mum got me.  It's me-sized! She says I can use it to report from my field ex-peditions."
"...wait, is there a field ex-pedition???"
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She'll have a tough time fitting that phone into her pocket.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the little cutie who started you down this road to ruin; but it's been a fun road... mostly... right? Right?

The presence of you and the PTFCo crew certainly provide a lot of fun for those of us in the audience.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Happy Birthday Sunsette! You're a real star in the collecting community and I bet you'll have fun with that new phone.
Many happy returns to Sunsette. I’ve so enjoyed reading her adventures over the past year or so.
Happy Birthday Sunsette! Looking forward to seeing the adventures you record with your present
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I hope Sunsette enjoys/enjoyed (timezones, ugh) her birthday to the fullest! I love her coat and little wings!
Hope Sunsette enjoyed her birthday! The photo is so sweet, she looks all excited.
Thanks so much, everyone! I'm glad you enjoy the adventures. A lot of the fun of doll photography is sharing it with fellow collectors.
The crew will be somewhat out of touch and mostly off the grid for the next 3 weeks, although I will still be taking pictures & hope to find some wi-fi along the way. Yes, Sunsette, there is a field ex-pedition.
Wish us luck.... Heart 2
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Bon Voyage! Be safe, and have fun!

(Are you going to sea? Are Tall Ships involved?)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Happy Late Birthday Sunsette!

I hope you have fun!!
Are you going to sea? smile
Happy birthday, Sunsette! Bon Voyage!
Those who've followed Sunsette's "dispatches from the field" will know by now that we went to Hawaii for 3 weeks.  I do have pic-a-week pix to post from that trip and will catch up, but I've got to clean up & defrag my ol' laptop before I download some 1400 photos onto it.  I am doing this week's pic today though.

My Aunt Betty died yesterday.  She wasn't a blood relative, but she was Mom's best friend; they grew up together, and she was 'ohana in the very best spirit of the word.  She was part of my life from when I was born.  She made me so many birthday cakes, and joined so many of our family occasions.  In later years, her sister Gwen (on the left in the photo) whom Mom didn't play with growing up, joined in too.  Gwen died a while ago and Betty was the last of the 4 siblings.
She always sent me Christmas and/or birthday money, every year until the last few when dementia began to have its effect.  Even after I was grown up and told her she really didn't have to do that anymore.  Sometimes she wrote in the cards, "SPEND IT."
I am thankful they both got to come visit us on the east coast once after we moved, and I did visit them for a couple nights back in 2010, but, I was really hoping I would get to see her one more time this year.  In one of 3 phone calls over the nursing home's crummy portable phone, she was able to hear and did remember me.
Andreya is here because she was a grail since early in my collecting days when I discovered J-Dolls, and she was never on sale for cheap anywhere, and hard to find.  Finally I decided to splurge on her with what was Aunt Betty's last Christmas gift.
I can't get to the funeral.  I've spun my wheels for hours with Air Canada & Airbnb, but have had to conclude it's just not going to be feasible.  It's 1000 miles away & with another snowstorm on the way, the flight might not even take off.  So here's my little verbal (and photographic) candle-lighting in honour of a wonderful Auntie.  Heart 2

[Image: 40297649323_588a4f5d82_b.jpg]
That’s a lovely tribute. Sad that you can’t pay your respects in person, but as you say the weather just doesn’t make it possible.