Lejays17 Doll-a-Week 2019
(01-29-2019, 01:19 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’ll take a new picture AND I’ll post one of my favourite dolly photos ever - it’s from before I really started taking dolly photos smile

That'll be fun to see!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(01-29-2019, 04:42 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha, cute! Love the cow too. What fun little souvenirs. And yes, Peanuts... the one in the yellow top, I thought immediately, "If Charlie Brown was a Roman soldier in another life..." LOL

The one in the yellow top I believe is meant to be a member of the Swiss Guard, who you can see dressed like that at the Vatican, even now.
They are terribly cute little figures, tiny enough souveniers as we were at the beginning of a 6-week trip that we couldn't fit much in at all.

I said I would do my other roman solider this week, so please meet Gaius Rorius - Rory for short, the Last Centurion (and YES, I am a Dr Who fan, why do you ask?? xp )

[Image: 7b3ef5bc5862d570b2f3ae4e70797c56.jpg]

He's a commission from an artist I used to follow on LiveJournal / DeviantArt - Deridolls. I have 4 commissions (Rory & Eleanor of Aquitane, and Cersei & Jaime Lannister), and 4 "stock" (Lady Jane Grey, Lil Green, Christine of Pisan & one I'm forgetting as they're upstairs)
They're only a couple of inches high - probably mini size? - and really detailed. And these aren't even some of the most detialed ones she's done!

And as a bonus, this is one of my favourite-ever dolly pics, taken before I really was in the hobby.

This is Rory at the Coliseum in Rome from when we were there in 2013. It was a roasting hot day when we did a tour of the Forum & Coliseum, so I just plonked him on the guard-rail-wire and aimed the phone in his general direction.

[Image: c84e00ee5cad60431e72cec579e10893.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Rory looks very at home in the Coliseum. He’s a well travelled doll.
I remember the second photo, you had it as a profile pic at MHA, right?
(02-03-2019, 08:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I remember the second photo, you had it as a profile pic at MHA, right?

Yes I did - it’s one of my favourite photos, and I like to use it as an avatar in places.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Rory! [/Doctor Who Fan]

Seriously, he's adorable and amazing and such a cool little doll to show! (Why didn't they make a figure of Last Centurion Rory?)
That's adorable! I only really watched Dr. Who during the Matt Smith years, and Rory was a favorite of mine.

Would love to see your Jaime Lannister doll someday!
Rory at the Colosseum is a fantastic pic! What a fun memory from what must have been an incredible trip!

He is quite the detailed little figure! It looks like he is made entirely of cloth or felt, including his helmet and sword, except for those cool chain links on the front of his tunic.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The only non-felt bits are the chain-mail, his eyes are sequins with beads, and theres a small press-stud (snap) fastening his cloak.

She’s really clever in her detailed work - i’ll Do the rest of the group next week and you can see her development as an artist.
That is so cute. What a neat little figure. And how cool you were able to take him to the Colosseum. Wow my phone even spelled that right from dictation. I wanna see your other characters!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-04-2019, 12:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Rory! [/Doctor Who Fan]

Seriously, he's adorable and amazing and such a cool little doll to show! (Why didn't they make a figure of Last Centurion Rory?)

Not a figure, but the did do a Pop doll. I nearly trampled someone to get to it when I saw it in the shops LOL

I think I took one of him last year, I’ll have a look in my albums and see if I can find it.

everyone - I’ll take some pics of the Lannister’s for next week, and the others at later in the year. The 4th “stock” girl was raffaello’s Unicorn Lady, and she and Christina are quite plain in comparison to the others
Gaaa little Rory is my fave! He’s so cute!
Aannd I didn't do rhe Lannisters as promised. Maybe next week??

I got a Dodo in Steampunk World with my birthday money, and threw in a couple of the MIO outfits at the same time.

So this is Becky in one of the outfits (the other is the Isul version of this)

[Image: 20f63718ada44338b03db47c92a0df2f.jpg]
Becky looks very smart in her new suit.