Pullip Zuora - Review and pictures
A lucky Mandrake find here.
Pullip Zuora!

At 9K yen plus shipping, it's way lower than her original 10K yen MSRP from 2006! And let's forget about Ebay.
Plus she's brand new too and the box is perfect. The box will find itself in the recycling bin however.

[Image: B7H0pAW.jpg]

This is everything that come in the box. The doll, her cloak, the metal stand, a candelabra, 3 candles, a pair of boots, her card, and a tiny pamphlet featuring add from Pullip Shinku and Dal Hina Ichigo from Rozen Maiden.

[Image: fVsL5b5.jpg]

Zuora's base stock is absolutely FANTASTIC. It's bad-ass, punk, and have a bit of sexiness to it thanks to the fishnets.

[Image: SSUua0v.jpg]

Her face-up is also PERFECT. Subtle and soft. It make for a nice contrast with her overall style. She got heterochromia eyes but the different colors complement each others very well.

[Image: mtIocen.jpg]

Being a T3 Pullip, she can't keep her eyes closed. The eyelids have basic make-up.

[Image: XNJwThY.jpg]

Her hair is nice, LONG and wavy. A bit frizzy. She have lot of hair. So much so that her back is completely hidden.

[Image: iZbFr79.jpg]

Wait...

Is that....

[Image: aYWYfCc.jpg]

Sorry, not sorry.
Also, damn I'm old...…………..

Moving  on for the next step, I'll have to use a hair-band to make things easier. She's nice with her wavy pony-tail. 

[Image: IzWC3Qm.jpg]

Zuora's poncho/hoodie is pretty nice, but it's hiding her great stock underneath. It cannot unzip all the way down. The hood part is perfect though. Her boots are pretty hard to put on because it must go over the "leg-warmers".

[Image: 1lYua4X.jpg]

[Image: Exhd4VL.jpg]

[Image: Y27eeoD.jpg]

So, how to deal with that poncho? By turning it into a hooded cape of some sort. I pass the hair and the stand through the poncho, I put the hood on Zuora's head, and I zip the poncho up. The final result make for the perfect display style. The candelabra and candles are all made of a semi-soft rubbery plastic. So to break that accessory, you must really will it. I attach it to (what I think is) her hand with a salvaged twist-tie from the box.

And now, Zuora in all her punk/gothic glory!

[Image: kENmcIG.jpg]

[Image: t8GvnP5.jpg]

[Image: bMzHIKo.jpg]

[Image: Q69S2oI.jpg]

[Image: VQuvU4q.jpg]

Zuora is pretty happy to be with her sister, Lipoca! Now the infernal duo can finally put on their devilish special show in the Freak Circus!

[Image: JbLo8SD.jpg]

[Image: S8ZRUyC.jpg]

Hope you enjoyed the review!
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Great collection of pictures, I like that her face up is very subtle/soft in contrast to her outfit. I think if she’d had a strong face up is would be too much?

I’ve got the outfit but not th3 doll, and I agree about the irritation with the poncho/cloak not unzipping all the way - makes it less easy to “play” with.

Great addition to your Freak Circus
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Look at all those dolls Oh My Your collection has certainly started off with a bang. Congrats on the new addition; she's very cute. I've never been clear exactly what sort of character she is supposed to be; is it anime-related, or...?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Zuora may be a Jun Planning original. Finding her was quite unexpected. After seeing some pictures online, I told myself "screw saving, I NEED her!" And I thought my Freak Circus was done. Because of Zuora, Sebastian left the Freak Circus and is now Charlotte's butler. Zuora was too much of a pest for him! XD

A grail for my Freak Circus would be Byul Lilith. I just hope for a lucky Mandrake find.
[Image: 375c587e92dc2.jpg]
Man, I want her so much! But not enough to pay her insane Ebay price.

As for my collection so far, when I start collecting anything I always overdo it. But now, I only order what is truly special now that the "primal urges" have been satisfied. What's my dollies collection so far?
10 Pullips (one custom)
5 Dals (one custom)
1 Byul
1 Taeyang
4 Little Pullips
2 1/6 Paradolls
1 Kikipop
and finally, 1 upcoming Dollfie Dream Sister.

All of this in 6 months. Guess I indeed gone "nuclear" LOL
She's lovely! I searched for years and finally got mine. One of the most unique dolls pre-2012 IMO!
I believe her leg warmers go over her boots? At least that's how it is in the stock images. That might be why you had trouble with them. My Zoura didn't keep her boots long, I think they're on my Steampunk Cheshire right now LOL
Also I love the aesthetic of your shelf!!! She looks so great next to Lipoca!
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

(01-19-2019, 04:16 PM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: I believe her leg warmers go over her boots? 

Dunno how they managed it because the leg warmers on mine didn't open enough to allow that. Plus the boots opening was quite large. Sure it was a bit of a struggle, but at least I can see the boots details.

Zuora and Lipoca are meant to be together. And I didn't even knew Zuora existed when I got Lipoca! They will now be together forever! Happy
I like how you’ve got your dolls displayed!
(01-21-2019, 01:29 PM)GreysPrincess Wrote: I like how you’ve got your dolls displayed!

It's a simple set-up. But to do so I had to add a shelf to my fake fireplace furniture. With the TV, Pullips are at the right height to make a nice display.  Happy 

[Image: x3aXnEP.jpg]

From this picture, only my 2 Paradolls and my cheap generic dolls are missing.
Ah, I'm so happy to see someone on here grabbed her, and I love your reviews. Zuora's one of my favorites on my wishlist and I recall being around the community when she came out, but it was only in hindsight that I became interested (also I didn't have an income back then). Her eyechips are such unique muted colors.

Actually, I saw her up on Mandrake and really debated whether or not to go for it, but you must've gotten to her by the time I went back to look. smile So it's cool to see her go to a good home!
P U L L I P S
Rida, Latte, Chicca, Sarras, Regen Paja, Regen Moon, Yona, Wind, Mercu, Raphia, and OG Noir.
I wasnt sure either at first. But detailed pictures on the net and a video review confirmed that Zuora was PERFECT for my Freak Circus.
Lately on Mandrake, theres so many grail Pullips turning up! Even Lunatic Queen that I sadly missed. Keep an eye open! We never know. Another Zuora may turn up...
Congrats on adding Zuora--she's one of the older girls that I keep hoping to bring home one day. So many unique things about her that I like.

I almost spit out my diet coke when I saw you made Captain Caveman out of her hair. XP
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
(01-25-2019, 12:44 PM)KiraKira Wrote: I almost spit out my diet coke when I saw you made Captain Caveman out of her hair.  XP

LOL It was too hard to resist! Captain Caveman was in some back folder of my childhood memories. I googled "Hanna Barbara Caveman" and there he was!

Oh, one thing I completely forgot to mention in my review is that my brand new Zuora had absolutely no plastics covering on her body under her clothes. I didn't undress her but I'm pretty sure she's still unstained to this day despite her black clothes.
I wonder if it would be the same for the original T1 Moon?  sly
(01-25-2019, 12:44 PM)KiraKira Wrote: I almost spit out my diet coke when I saw you made Captain Caveman out of her hair. XP

I know, me too! (Only it was regular Coke, not diet. LOL)

Zuora is a wild child! Love the horns on her hood!

Yes, the growth of your collection has been truly eksplosive!

I wonder, is there a possible eBay market for the nearly mint boxes of these early Pullips that you are discarding?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Another great review of an old-school Pullip find! Your collection looks fantastic - your Freak Circus is coming along quite nicely, haha!
Looking for stands!
(01-25-2019, 02:28 PM)davidd Wrote: I wonder, is there a possible eBay market for the nearly mint boxes of these early Pullips that you are discarding?

Often, cutting and tearing things appart is necessary to unbox a Pullip. There's also the fact that many vintage boxes just "dry out" over the years with the window or the box itself coming undone. But the real deal breaker will be the buyer will have to pay 13 to 50$ of shipping alone from Canada for an empty box. No one would ever pay that.

The only Pullip box I kept so far is Debut's. If I keep any other boxes, it would be those designed to be reused like Kikipop's / Dollfie Dream or if it's a very rare and high priced Pullip like Leprotto or Carol special edition.