Tasuke's Anime Dolly-a-Whenever Thread...
Great display!
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
(03-06-2019, 01:21 AM)werepuppy Wrote: looking over your collection gives me the itch and want for a couple of anime-based girls myself. (Saber is ideally my first choice... No, self, buying ban remember.)

and she ain't cheap, either. $160-some seems the best price at the moment. i lucked out, paying $70 shipped for mine a couple/three years back.

there's also a near-identical, rooted-hair headed version that's well over $200 these days.

then, of course, there is the VOLKS Dollfie for a bit over $1000, at minimum...
[Image: A_Night_at_Konomi_19-10-23_FULLSIZE.png?...fit=bounds]
(03-07-2019, 01:47 AM)tasuke Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 01:21 AM)werepuppy Wrote: looking over your collection gives me the itch and want for a couple of anime-based girls myself. (Saber is ideally my first choice... No, self, buying ban remember.)

and she ain't cheap, either. $160-some seems the best price at the moment. i lucked out, paying $70 shipped for mine a couple/three years back.

there's also a near-identical, rooted-hair headed version that's well over $200 these days.

then, of course, there is the VOLKS Dollfie for a bit over $1000, at minimum...

Oh, wow, that is a bit. Yen to pound is a bit kinder at the moment, but even still... I'm on a buying ban at the moment (for any luxuries. Necessities are different) so we'll see how much I manage to save up during my time set out for this. ... And I will look around for prices. Thank you for that information, though!
We need Fate/Stay Night Pullips..! >smile. AT LEAST Saber, Rin, be Archer...
i was raised a bit unconventionally, as a little boy in the 80's.

sure, i had TRANS FORMERS and G.I. JOE toys, HOT WHEELS and STOMPERS and more...
but then i also had My Little Ponies, a few Rainbow Brite dolls and such.

in fact, one of the first plush dolls my mom got me was the early/mid-80's COLECO CABBAGE PATCH KIDS "YOUNG ASTRONAUTS" doll;

[Image: CPK%20Astronaut%2020.jpg]

[Image: CPK%20Astronaut%2013.jpg]

[Image: CPK%20Astronaut%2014.jpg]

[Image: il_570xN.193665279_zpsdww0tulx.jpg]
Adorable!
The space suit is pretty cool, and I love the design of the packaging! Cool that you kept the rocketship box!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That is one of the coolest boxes for anything I have ever seen - I can't blame you for keeping it!
How fun! Did you make new outfits for this one too?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So cute!
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Whoops!! i should have specified; i had that CPK Astronaut as a boy, up until about 1989/1990 or so,
when my mom sold it off in a yard sale, along with a bunch of other stuff that i was beginning to outgrow.

the photos above are not mine, but the blond curly-haired one in the boxed photos
happens to be pretty much identical to how i remember mine being.

i've strongly considered getting another one, but the aging/discoloration of the suit,
on most every example i've seen out there priced within reason, is rather discouraging.

also, -no offense to CPK fans intended- i happen find the faces on CPKs to be, to put it delicately, not at all to my taste.

so, if i was to actually break down and get another one, -perhaps one of these odd days-
i'd likely end up having to find an especially cute girl doll of similar sizing to a CPK,
-probably some sort of Precious Moments girl- to wear the suit instead.

in the meantime, i still have the paperwork and box clippings that my mom kept from my original,
as well as the now rather sloppy looking job i once did on an attempt on a modern replacement for the CPK;

[Image: Ayekahearts6-19-141_zpsd0c37b06.jpg]

[Image: Astronaut_Ayeka_MMU_1_by_Shaorin_Chan.jpg]
You made a space suit? Wow! That was a seriously ambitious project! It turned out pretty well, I'd say.

(And... I will freely admit to strongly preferring your new, "grown-up" version of the astronaut! LOL )

((Perhaps you might build a rocketship for her!))
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
For the scale, that's actually pretty brilliantly done.

She just needs her rocket now
She's so sweet! Great job on the space suit!!!
You have amazing hand sewing skills, dude. It looks manufactured.
---

---