Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku ( Reboot ) -- Deboxing and review.
GOT MY HATSUNE MIKU REBOOT!

Of course the box have been kicked around. Resulting in this. By principle it's bad because Volks should use hard cardboard box like Mandarake does. Not "toilet paper" soft shipping boxes.

Oh well.

[Image: AkSezSM.jpg]

Of course, the content is in pristine condition so it's all good.

[Image: 2Fd24ft.jpg]
[Image: AVCGuMp.jpg]

I applied the arm sticker. Unfortunately, I don't have any decal sealant. I'll just have to be careful until I get some.

[Image: kFw2A4t.jpg]

The Reboot body is pretty amazing and pose really well. I love those hips and the "flesh" of the doll is silky smooth.
She came with a pair of spare hands that are just the left/right versions of the ones she already have. I would have loved some "peace" or V sign hands. To be bought separately I guess.

[Image: IAGQObS.jpg]
[Image: fuL4uJy.jpg]
[Image: t6Ts4Vx.jpg]
[Image: 8Qg5JWO.jpg]
[Image: 3gCdRBz.jpg]

Miku was not too hard to dress up. Even the plastic clips were easy to put on. The fact that they are relatively big make them stay in place without popping out that the slightest touch.

[Image: S7n6urJ.jpg]
[Image: VTXLjqh.jpg]
[Image: qkITB0L.jpg]
[Image: 0tqBp93.jpg]

There's lots of small details all over her clothes.

[Image: s1pJLHN.jpg]
[Image: WKNWw1t.jpg]
[Image: KbdewT5.jpg]
[Image: h0e6egH.jpg]

Her face-up and her eyes are magnificent! The wig is a bit frizzy, but manageable without any doll hair-gel (Like they recommend using in the manual).

[Image: GWqZsAX.jpg]
[Image: eTIFNfT.jpg]

Overall, DD Hatsune Miku Reboot was well worth jumping through the hoops by ordering her from Volks USA in the event. She and DDS Kagamine Rin are making a great duo!

[Image: HMx6gbw.jpg]
[Image: tzlbWYs.jpg]
[Image: ouKbcHf.jpg]
[Image: pL7yGS4.jpg]
[Image: bO4dDQi.jpg]
[Image: 8dqjUG2.jpg]
[Image: dXjfLx3.jpg]

ordered my DDS Kagamine Rin last year from Mandarake at 80K yen plus shipping. "Used" but basically barely touched. For reasons, Canadian customs never hit Mandarake boxes so the total for Rin was around 1060$CAN total.

As for Ordering Miku at the last Volks May event... Canadian customs did obviously hit hard, as expected. 658$US plus shipping plus around 140$CAN in custom taxes. Grand total, around 1100$CAN.

So, by ordering from Volks, I paid 40$CAN more compared to a brand new Mandarake Miku at 80K yen. At least I have the Reboot version and 40$ difference at this scale is pretty much irrelevant.

TlDr; a 80K yen DD doll at Mandarake amount to the same total price as a 660$US Volks event doll.

[Image: HMx6gbw.jpg]

No regrets at all getting Miku here!

Will I ever get a 3rd Dollfie Dream? For probably but this time, it may not b a licenced character. The next one shall be a Dollfie Dream Dynamite for sure. L chest at the base minimum. Yoko from Guren Lagaan is most likely because used ones are easy to find and the price is fair despite the flaws. She will have her original clothes too. But that, may be a project for next year.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
What an impressive duo!

I can't believe the figures are so stable and able to stand while holding poses.

Worth the ekspense, I'd say. Worth putting off that air conditioner for a little bit longer.

I just hope the girls don't melt this summer! Tongue
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-10-2019, 01:03 PM)davidd Wrote: I just hope the girls don't melt this summer! Tongue

I don't think they will.  Happy 
So far, the heat is pretty reasonable and having a second fan in the living room do the job aplenty.

And yes, Dollfie Dream cannot stand on their own for many poses, but for many they can. The build and joints of those dolls are pretty damn solid.
I just hope that my Miku will stand like this for a while without face-planting! LOL
Oh wow, she looks amazing. I'm glad you've got your two girls!
(07-11-2019, 01:19 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh wow, she looks amazing. I'm glad you've got your two girls!

I locked on those two girls for so long! Then the opportunities arose for each of them in time.
So happy to finally have them toghether! smile
She's a beauty! Do they make Luka as well? They'd make a lovely trio (and I'm a big fan of Creamy Mami, do get her!!)
                     WISHLIST
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

Pullip: Secret Garden of White Witch - Helter Skelter Ririko - Cassie - Lupinus -PIMMAM
Isul: Yagen Toshiro
Congrats! They make a great pair.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Not to encourage you to spend more money, but I believe I saw Pullip Luka appear on Manadarake...
(07-11-2019, 02:11 AM)Cressidra Wrote: She's a beauty! Do they make Luka as well? They'd make a lovely trio (and I'm a big fan of Creamy Mami, do get her!!)

Oh yes they did! Now only 100K yen on Mandarake.
However, I'll limit myself to Miku and Rin as far as Vocaloid characters go.

As for Creamy Mami, she may be a possibility down the line, but I'll wait. For now, I have my sight set on a Dollfie Dream Dynamite Yoko from Guren Lagaan. Preferably a cheap used one. That one will be my "girlfriend". The one that will came with a stand and many change of clothes.  Happy 
Still a relatively long term project, but really feasible. Many used Yokos turned up and her stock aged badly.

As for a Pullip Megurine Luka at Mandarake, the only one I saw so far was a naked one that sold for way too much. If a completed one appeared lately, she landed like a drop of water on a hot frying pan...
Here's a picture with the Dal and Pullip version of Miku and Rin.

[Image: 50NcYqo.jpg]

It's cool but a bit crowded. At least, this give us a nice size comparison.
Very cool! It's a veritable Vocaloid vestibule!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Congrats on the Volks Miku! She looks amazing. I love that photo with the Groove versions. Now all you need is the Nendoroid versions!
(07-22-2019, 02:29 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Congrats on the Volks Miku!  She looks amazing.  I love that photo with the Groove versions.  Now all you need is the Nendoroid versions!

I already have Nendo Hatchune Miku, and I have the Little Nendos of the whole crew of the classic Vocaloids. However, I do miss the regular versions of Nendoroid Rin and Miku. They are cheap and I could do a nice Matryoshka dolls effect!
After a few months in her normal outfit, I thought my Miku should finally change style.

Of course, some staining was bound to happen.

[Image: 8qEIdyq.jpg]

So, some lessons learned:
--Your Miku should wear long white knee-socks before wearing her boots. Ironically, I bought a pair for her new look.
-- Despite being model accurate, do NOT use the sleeves plastic clips. Those ended up sticking on the skin and some plastics of those clips have FUSED to her arms and tore off once I removed the sleeves.

I'll have to look up how to clean those stains up if they get apparent for the style I want to give her eventually.