Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(02-24-2020, 11:38 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh these are all just so stunning. I love how at home Venus looks among the plants.

Thank you!

(02-25-2020, 03:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Thank you for the brief history of the Czech Athletics Federation and in particular the evolution of the Czech national symbol through the decades of changing political and social ideologies. That was quite fascinating! And you are quite a historical scholar!

You are also an impressive horticulturist! Those orchids! All blooming at once! In winter, no less!

This was, indeed, a fun photo shoot! And the processed version of the EOS pic is perfection perfected!

Thank you! I'm afraid I'm not much of a scholar, it's more that this part of our history is still a frequently discussed topic. Which is good, because it would be stupid and dangerous to forget (and part of the population actually thinks it was the best we had and wants it back. It terrifies me).

Phalaenopsis are actually very easy to grow, they require very little care, and they blossom for long periods of time. They don't really do winter. They always just shrug the old blossoms, take a quick breather and pop out new buds.

Thank you very much!

(02-25-2020, 09:06 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Oh, wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Thank you!!!

(02-25-2020, 03:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: Beautiful dolls amongst beautiful flowers.

Thank you very much!

(02-25-2020, 05:31 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooooooooo, lookit all the orchids.  Where do you keep them, windowsills? And what happens on bath day? I just put mine in the sink and spray them to water.  
Gorgeous collection with lots of colour variety!

Yup, they live on my windowsills. I have east windows, which are perfect for orchids, although the neighboring building blocks a lot of light, so it could be better (for example, I can't grow any kitchen herbs here, it's too dark for them). On bath day, cca once a week, I put them in the water and let them soak for a few hours or overnight, depending on temperatures. This flat gets awfully hot in summer - from June to the end of August, the temperature inside is somewhere around 45°C, and this building is poorly designed, so it's impossible to cool this place down (even with all windows open the whole night, which is fun, because this is a busy street), so I have to bath the orchids more often and spray them in addition to bathing. So far they all survived, though, and my oldest lady, the yellow one, is 11 years old, and the lighter of the purple ones and one of the freckled minis are 10 years old. I'm kinda proud of them smile

(02-25-2020, 05:50 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: It's always interesting to get the bits of "local" history you give us at times.  

Ooh, so many gorgeous orchids there - with accompanying beautiful dolls.

I love the filtered version of Eos, and I generally prefer the non-filtered ones.  But this one is extra-beautiful.

Thank you!!!

Day 56

ADAW #8

[Image: 70b2e9472ec496cefbe0833ebb6ad81c.jpg]

I forgot to mark where the frame covers the paper, so the top of the header got 'cut'. Here's a pic without the frame:

[Image: a931ba494218902c2fa52cf7e1c60c14.jpg]

I have two theories as for what this is. Either it is one of those snake oil-style wonders, promising to dissolve everything and not even trying to hide that it's stored in a regular bottle with cork plug; or it's an Oddwickshire product, the bottle and the plug are impregnated with magic, and in that case, the horror of a liquid inside can really dissolve anything that doesn't have a magic shield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 02-26-2020, 02:21 AM